{Chapter 63|Aimapoleia}

AIMOPOLEIA IS A FICTIONAL DISEASE.
αίμα(blood) + απώλεια(loss) = aima apoleia = Aimapoleia.

=~~~=

"Ugh...where do I start..." Aiden racks her brain for a bit and you and Ell sat in slight anticipation.

"So, basically, Mr. and Mrs. Gold had first contacted Paul and Patryck. They had their personal problems that they were dealing with financially, and with their history of being retired specialists, Mrs. Gold managed to track them down and gave them an offer they couldn't resist."

Ell's mouth hung open, surprised by the new information. "And how old are you guys?" The brunette asks.

"I'm 22 and Patryck's 21." Paul answers. You can hear Ell mutter "damn" under her breath.

Aiden continues, "So, the Golds provided for all of Paul and Patryck's necessities to help them in their mission to capture (Y/N). Except they did a horrible job in the end. Knew it was stupid to hire them when they've already retired from it." Aiden tsks, and Paul and Patryck just give her a goofy grin.

Patryck coughs, murmuring something along the lines of, "Well you slipped a bit too" earning a slap to the back of the head by Aiden.

"Now, we weren't really given any clear instructions aside from capturing you alive by any means possible, but it was hard as hell since you always had your friends with you. There was barely a time when you were alone."

"I mean...there was a time at the cafe..." You say.

"Yeah, and I slipped. I had a feeling you were suspicious when I was still at the stage of gaining your trust, so I didn't bother." Aiden replies.

You hummed in acknowledgment, furrowing your eyebrows a bit.

"Right, so (Y/N)," Paul speaks up, "The reason why we've been trying to capture you is the fact that you have this special blood."

Ell perks up a the mention of the blood once more, "Yeah, yeah! My father mentioned that! So who they were talking about is (Y/N)..." the brunette girl turns to you with widened eyes and you looked back at her, confused.

"Right. That's why. See, there's this rare heart disease called Aimapoleia. Most doctors would commonly compare it to or mistake it for Arrhythmia because of their similar symptoms. If I remember correctly, it's when blood cells start to die rapidly so it makes the heart start pumping more and more, developing tachycardia. This is the part where doctors would mistake it for Arrhythmia." Patryck explains and looks over to Aiden to continue.

"Ugh, I feel like I'm doing a presentation for biology. Right, listen closely, 'cause there is no way in hell we're repeating this information. Once you get hospitalized from this disease, there are zero chances you are ever getting up again. An Aimopoleia patient is bedridden permanently, as without the medical equipment stabilizing their heart, they're dead. Sound familiar?" Aiden cocks an eyebrow in your direction.

Paul elbows Aiden, an upset expression on his face, "Aiden! Be respectful, they're still mourning!"

"I didn't even mean any harm by it, jeez."

"I am so sorry for your loss by the way..." Patryck says. "My deepest condolences."

You put your head down and Ell rubs your back for comfort. "...Grandma had Aimopoleia..." Ell mutters with quivering lips.

"So...s-so if my blood is the cure to that very disease...I...I could've saved—" You whisper weakly.

This prompted Ell to pull you in a tight hug. "No, (Y/N), don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. You didn't know, it's not your fault." She repeated the same phrases into your ear. You hugged back tightly and sobbed into her shoulder.

The three gave you a moment.

You let go of Ell and face the three people in front of you. You heaved a heavy sigh, "Why...why didn't they just tell me? If I had known...If I just knew about my blood...I would've helped. I COULD'VE helped! I could've saved her!" Every breath that came out of your mouth was shaky and you felt your volume slowly rising.

Ell grips your hand in assurance.

Unfortunately, the three didn't have answers. They were merely hired to do a certain task by a superior they couldn't refuse.

"Hey," Ell speaks up, turning in the direction of the three people. "Why are you revealing yourselves now? What made you want to tell us this?"

"Honestly, we're just as worried for your friends as you are for them. We know what Mr. and Mrs. Gold are capable of." Paul looks down.

"What do you mean...?" Ell raises her eyebrow, concerned.

Paul and Patryck both turn to look at Aiden, which she sighs, standing up from her seat and lifting her sleeve revealing several burn marks.

You and Ell gasp, concern and worry both prominent in your eyes.

"Oliver and Pauline are scientists and they take pride in their work. They've been looking for the cure for Aimapoleia for the past 16 years. They would go to any lengths to learn more when they are given a lead. Aiden had special blood like you, (Y/N). When they found out, they did...things to her." Patryck explained.

You turn to look at Aiden, disturbed and worried.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gold..." Aiden chuckles, voice laced in contempt and disdain.

"They were fucking merciless."

~

"Aeshma."

"WHO DARES CALL ME BY NAME?"

"Ah, who knew you'd be reawakened by such mild emotions of anger." Pauline smiles, looking at the face of her son, yet talking to something much much deeper within him.

"Honestly, Tom was only supposed to scare the others a little, but to the point of you being reawakened? Color me shocked, really." She takes a sip of her tea, observing her chained-up son once more.

"WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO WITH THIS BOY?"

"What I'm planning is something to do with you, actually." Pauline pulls out her phone, "Oliver, can you bring over that devoted follower of his?" There were mumbled noises coming through the phone and she simply gave a hum as a response.

She ends the call then turns to face Aeshma, observing the very familiar purple eyes staring her down.

"Heres the deal, we'll give you a human sacrifice and in return, you'll give us a tiny bit of your essence." Pauline offers. "Decline and we will kill the body you are inhabiting."

"YOU WOULD NOT DARE. HE IS YOUR SON."

"Those 14 years meant nothing to him and me. We saw the children the same as we saw our lab equipment."

Aeshma opened his mouth to retort, but something else happened that Pauline did not expect.

Aeshma's purple eyes were brimmed with tears that dragged themselves along her adopted son's face and trickled down to his chin.

This made Pauline drop her cup, the contents of it spilling onto the floor and the fragile glass all broken into pieces.

"HE CAN HEAR YOU."