{Chapter 40|HOSPITALS}

Art not mine.
=~~~=

"G-Grand...mo-moth—"

You struggle to breathe out words.
Your knees felt week, causing you to fall straight to the floor, beside Edd's unconscious body.

The pills were scattered all unto the tiled floor.

"Pl-please stop this," You let out, "You're...you're destroying yourself, Edd..."

You inhale then exhale, trying to catch your breath.

You suddenly feel your heart rate quicken and so did your breathing.
Sweat began forming on your forehead and the feeling of dizziness came rushing in.

You wanted to cry, you really wanted to cry, but tears were surprisingly not coming out of your eyes.

Was it due to shock? Or because your sudden panic attack wasn't letting you?

Standing up, you rush out the door, running towards Grandmother Susan's room, but you end up bumping into someone in the process.

"(Y-Y/N)?! Are you okay?"

That thick Norwegian accent was enough to calm you down.
Anyone's voice was enough to calm you down, far from silence.

You were shaken up, finding yourself digging into Tord's chest for comfort.

"Are...are you okay?" He asks again.

"Edd...He—"

Your eyes find their way to Ell's room.
Out of all the people living inside this house, she's the one closest to him, not just by blood, but mentally as well.

She won't listen.

"He...what?" Tord asks confused.

"Too much...pills...he...o-overdosed on it..." You answer, although his arms wrapped around you firmly, you're heartbeat is still going rapidly fast.

"Overdosed?! Where?!"

"B-bathroom I—"

"Let's go!" He says, pulling you with him.

~

Ah...
A second time in the ambulance.
You keep telling yourself that you're used to it now.
But are you really?

'Edd...'

'Why are you doing this yourself?'

'It's...It's not healthy.'

The ride felt a lot more shorter compared to last time.

Was it because it's more serious this time?

They had opened the doors of the ambulance and the others started to get off.
But you felt frozen.

"(Y/N)...it's okay." Tom noticed your behavior almost immediately.
"G-giving false hope can...can only make it wo-worse, Tom." You mutter under your breath, wanting to believe his words so much but you're not letting yourself have high expectations.

Tom lets out a sigh and takes out his hand.

"Come on, the sooner we get there the faster we'll get out of this place."

You hesitantly takes his hand, it's sudden warmness spreading through your body.

Like before, he began to rub his thumb against your cold hands.
He knew just how to make you calm down.
He knew where the right spots are.
He knew you needed comfort.
He knew.

You smile unknowingly.

He cares after all.

You look down at your shoes.