{Chapter 60|Meet}

You weren't sure what to expect. Will Unknown mind if you bring another friend? Or would that be dangerous? Besides, Laurel might be busy with the orphanage. You just saw her yesterday in the funeral too. Maybe you would be considered clingy...

You looked at your text messages with her.

December 18, 20XX
7:56 PM

Yanny-Laurel :
Hey
I heard about the news
How are you doing?
Hey?
(Y/N)?
If you're busy, I understand.
Reply when you have the time.

TheLegend27 :
Hi.

You flinch. That was a really unnecessary response. You knew nothing was wrong with it, but you still cringed inside. This was already a few months ago. You remember you poured your little stories to Laurel during that time. It was when Grandmother Susan's condition had gotten worse.

Yanny-Laurel :
Are you sure you don't want me to come over snd talk?

TheLegend27 :
I heal better when I'm alone
Or...When I'm in this headspace at least
I'll talk...when I'm ready.

You just felt sad reading back on these texts. You had the time to tell Laurel about your slice of life anime moments when you could have been spending all your time with Grandmother Susan.

Stop, (Y/N).

Regretting things won't bring her back.

You sigh heavily, placing your phone down and went to the bathroom to shower. You shouldn't bother her. Ell is already with you. You just hoped that Unknown didn't have any malicious intentions. Although they helped you with Edd's seizure, they still tried to threaten you with Matt's life.

How does Unknown even tie into this whole mess? What was their purpose of having to put DIE on your desk back then? That was pure high school attitude and just plain childish. Why are they your only lead? Is the person your meeting even Unknown themselves?

Within a matter of time, you're already wrapping a towel around yourself and began to pick out your clothes for later's meeting. Ell was waiting for you outside with her towel. She smiled and walked past you as you exited the bathroom.

Pauline and Oliver don't even seem to be in the house anymore. They must've went back to their private lab. Your heart ached for the boys.

...Why did mom and dad leave so soon?

You furrow your eyebrows and once again sighed deeply.

~

"Oh Matthew, my sweet sweet Matthew..." The woman says with a shrilly voice. She breathed hard as she eyed the unconscious ginger haired male through the glass. "He's grown so...so...well. So attractive. So innocent. So..." The woman continues to ramble on and on on all the features the male has.

Oliver walks over to the redheaded woman. "I see you've missed your son very much, Rose."

"Of-Of course, sir. He's my son...I haven't seen him in so many years...not after the fucking police took him away from me..."

Oliver nods, "Yes, It must've been really...really devastating. If you want him back, I'm going to need to help me."

Rose's eyes light up, the wrinkles on her forehead begin to show even more and her frail hands grab on to Oliver's dress shirt tightly, "Anything sir. What I would give for my baby boy to be mine again..."

The man smiles at this, and begin to walk off.

Edd's heartbeat began to beat quicker than before. Here he was, trapped inside an establishment he doesn't know, and his brothers are all knocked unconscious. The last thing he remembers is seeing Tom being restrained by many equipment his parents created. During that, he fainted and passed out from all the chemicals he was inhaling from Tom.

He heard everything that has been happening within the lab too. It was all so scary.

The adults that he trusted since he was a child, put him captive.

Once he knew that his father and the woman completely left the room, he put his face near the glass and examined the room. He seemed to be in a chamber of his own and was separated from the rest of his brothers. His views were all blocked aside from his front.

Where he could be examined.

He then saw Tom. His arms and feet were all separated from each other by metal chains standing up. The whole room was just filled with things he thought would only exist in sci-fi or superhero movies.

He knew his parents were rich, but be didn't know they were this rich.

Suddenly, a tube filled with a green came down into his chamber. Edd immediately backs away from it, but the tube seemed to know where he was at all times. The large tube ended with what seemed like the end of a needle.

This was just a huge syringe.

More robotic arms came from the small square tiles of his chamber and held him down as the giant syringe made it's way to Edd's neck.

"Ngh! L-Let me go, please!" Edd's eyes began to water. He was breathing heavily and his heartbeat just continued to quicken.

"You're not gonna die, Edd. We would never do that. You're just being injected with a substance your father created to help better the world."

He hears the voice of his mother, Pauline, one last time before being injected with the needle and passing out.

~

It was 1:44 PM.

You and Ell held each other's hands tightly as you approach the entrance of the park.

"Did unknown tell you where exactly we're suppose to meet?" Ell asks.

"No...but—" You were cut off when you both suddenly hear a ding that came from your phone.

Unknown :
Wait at the nearest tree of the red slide at the playground.

"Ah..." You say, as you showed Ell the text message and she nods.

"It's gonna be fine. This is a very public place with so many people. They can't do anything to us here if there are this many witnesses." You try to comfort her, which seemed to work.

"...Y-Yeah...I guess that's true." You continue to walk through the park and finally see the tree. It already had a bench and table under it, so you put your bags on the table and waited.

There were a lot of people passing by the spot and you can't help but think that they were all somehow Unknown. You thought it was silly, but you were paranoid as fuck. And the second it turned to 2 PM...

"Hey."

You and Ell turned around.

=~~~=

Hello again! So I plan to stick to weekly updates now, but expect the chapters to be more shorter than they were back then. I hope you guys understand :DD