{Chapter 31|Thoughts}

This chapter just looks long 'cause there's a lot of spaces in between XD
Chapter takes a very lazy turn so yeah.
I dunno what this chapter is about so yeah.
That's a cute drawing that's not done by me.
...So yeah.
=~~~=

"Mist was willing to give up everything for her. No matter how much of a stubborn girl she was, Mist knew she was the one, and there was nothing to stop him from confessing...but then suddenly! The last Astro-rock had began glowing as he was about to walk up to Angela! You narrate with such emotions in your voice that Lexie felt as if she was in the story.

"Oh! Oh! Let me guess! That last astro-rock is Venus! Because Venus is the roman name of the Goddess of love, Aphrodite, and...and Mist triggered the astro-rock because the astro-rock sensed that his feelings for Angela were true love!" Lexie says, clearly invested in the story.

You and Edd were astonished.

Ever since the start of the story, Lexie has been spouting random facts about astronomy and greek and roman mythologies at every paragraph.
No doubt about it, she was a very smart child.

"Yes...yes that's correct, Lexie! Tell me, where have you been getting all of this information?" You ask.

"I spend most of my times at the library! What really takes my interests are books about biology, mythologies, and mostly astronomies! And uh...I read some barbie books here and there to fit in with the other kids. No one likes a smartass up on their business anyways so..."

Lexie's voice trails off.

"By the way, since when did I mention that my name is Lexie? My name's Keres."

You and Edd looked at the each other, your eyes couldn't get anymore wide.

"Doesn't Keres mean evil spirit in greek?" Edd asks.

Lexie—now known as Keres, nods.

"The orphanage provides mythology classes every Friday. So kids here know some basic words in greek, one of them being my name." She walks around, having a sudden interest on the grass beneath her. "I get teased a lot about it."

Keres' high-pitched voice was suddenly so low. As if Keres and Lexie were completely different persons. Her always-excited tone became mono.

"S-so...is that why you lied about your name?" You ask.

"Lied? What are you guys talking about? My name has always been Keres." She kicks a pebble.

You and Edd were shocked. This girl was just acting like one person, suddenly she switches to the next? You wondered if she has short term memory or...possibly a personality disorder?

"So um, Keres...tell me, do you have any friends?" Edd ask, trying to change the subject, and you have already closed the book by now.

Keres giggles a bit, "Does talking to an invisible one count?"

"Uh...yes. What's his or her name?" You question.

"Lexie. She's really nice, I normally talk to her about my problems when no one gives a flying shit about my existence. She always talks about her favorite Gods and Goddesses from our mythology classes, how Dionysus is portrayed as an old man in some books while in some, he's just a teenaged party animal and how Persephone and Hades do look good together as a couple and—I ramble too much."

Keres practically stops herself.

You were just about to spit out some more meaningless questions but someone ends up calling Keres.

"Lexie! Keres! Dr. Dolores is here to see you!"

Keres looks at the person and sighs, and turns to look at you.