{Chapter 32|The Orphanage PT.2}

Sorry for the short chapter today! More and more stuff is happening to priso—I mean school so it's kind of difficult keeping up with my one update a week schedule. So sorry! I'll try to update more but no promises, though!

P.S Gotta love the irrelevant pics for every damn chapter.

=~~~=

"Alright, I think we should explore more of this place now."

Walking back inside, the talk you and Edd had was really nostalgic for you. You remember back in your first years of high school, you had this one particular boy whom you got really close with on the first days.

You two became best friends immediately for the whole semester.

You felt your heartbeat go faster whenever he talks to you.
He felt the same way.
Why did he feel the same way? Why did you feel the same way?
Because of that, this connection started to fall apart.

You broke your friendship too soon.
You started a relationship too soon.
...And you realized your true feelings too late.

It was all too soon.

But that one experience is more of a lesson rather than a bad memory.

Feeling the stinging sensation of tear drops coming out of your eyes, you wipe them as soon as they appeared.

"Uh—" You try to excuse yourself, but what came out were stutters, "I...I need the restroom, mind waiting for me?"

Edd gives you a confused look but nodded anyways, "Okay..."

~

"...It's been 15 minutes. Where is she?"

~

~

Matt and Tom have been wandering around the building.
Ever since Tom decided to tell him his actual feelings for you, Matt had been debating inside his head whether he should tell Tom that Edd likes you too.
...Or maybe it was already obvious from the get-go and Tom just didn't say anything?

"Tom—"

"What's the question now?"

Matt chuckles.

"Let's say that you like this girl, but another boy likes her too. Would you...let her go or fight for her?"

"Oh hey, I suddenly needed to use the restroom and wow, there is a conveniently placed restroom right there." Tom decides to lazily dodge the question, but he really needed the restroom so there was no lying there.

Matt sighs, "Alright, I'll wait for you here then." As he sits on one of the benches.

'Honestly, would (Y/N) even like you?'
'I mean, where have you been when she needed someone?'
'You've been the most distant from her since she's got here.'
'You literally had to embarrassingly bawl your eyes out in front of her before.'
'She probably thinks so lowly of you now.'
'Why would she even like you, to be honest?'

Turning around the corner, Tom sees a familiar figure, Too familar.
The figure seemed to be crying. It was obvious.

Could it be...?

"(Y-Y/N)!"

Another familiar voice interrupts Tom as he was about to step forward to you.
Tom takes another step back. Edd didn't seem to notice him, as he was too focused on the sobbing (Y/N).

"Are you okay? Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you? Did I say something?"

Edd—of course—started to worryingly spout out a bunch of questions.
Tom's black voids widen.
Although you have poured some tears before, he'd never seen you cry to yourself. It was always you feeling sympathetic towards others.
But now that he has a cleared vision of you crying,

Well,

You just looked mesmerizing, even while crying.

Once you calmed down a bit, your first instinct was to go into Edd's arms, as his hugs always made you feel so safe and secure. Without hesitance, Edd immediately welcomes you, rubbing your back as you sob into his chest.

Seeing this made Tom's heart sink.
It still bothered him that...you had always gone to Edd for comfort instead of him.

'Ugh, you idiot. Of course, she would go to Edd. You've barely done anything to comfort her or even make her feel safe in your presence, and you react as if you've just climbed mount Everest for her.'

Edd immediately looked straight into your eyes, wrapping his hands around your face, his thumbs wiping away your tears.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing im-important..."

"If it's something you're crying about then it's important to me."

You wrap your fingers around his wrist, unable to make the same eye-contact with him.

"I...I just remembered some things that happened while we were talking back there..." You say.

Edd gives you a concerned look, but nods.

"Alright. Come on now, stop crying. You wouldn't like the children to be seeing you like this, right?"

"Y-yeah..."

Quietly, Tom had stepped back, leaving you two to have your moment.

You didn't need him.

You didn't want him.

And for some reason, that bothered Tom.