{Chapter 57|Arguments}

"Grandma! Hey! How are you feeling?" Edd drops his coat and sets it on her bedside table and immediately makes his way to the elder woman.

"I'm feeling fine, dear. The doctors have been treating me very well."

"That's a relief. I...I bought you roses. I thought that maybe you missed tending to the garden and being able to smell the scent of nature so...I decided to buy this." Edd gently places down the bouquet of roses.

"Oh! Thank you very much, Eddie. I appreciate your thoughtfulness."

Susan inhales the sweet scent of the rose and holds it near her chest.

"Are you still on medications, dear?" Susan looks up at her grandson.

"Y-yes."

"It's been months now...aren't you feeling better?"

Edd's breath hitches. "U-uh...yeah...yeah, I've been doing well."

Clear hesitation filled the boy's face, quickly changing the subject, "A-anyways! Is there anything else you want or need, grandma? Water? More food? I could fill this room with flowers if you want!"

Susan's eyebrows narrow.

He isn't getting better at all. The medications obviously aren't helping. He needs some other type of help. Tom and her other grandchildren have been trying to avoid this for way too long now.

"Therapist," Susan says.

"Huh...?"

"I want you to go see a therapist, Edd." Susan hated demanding her grandchildren for something, but this was clearly needed if they wanted Edd to fully recover.

"Th-therapist? Why...?" The brunette asked, although, to his dismay, he had already known the answer.

"The medications aren't helping you, dear. They're postponing something a lot bigger for your recovery, which is to finally seek official help. That's what I want." Susan says, and with one more breath, she adds, "Can you call over Ell for me, please?"

Edd says nothing, standing up and walking out the door.

Although muffled, Susan could hear Edd's words from the other side.

"Ell, Grandma's calling for you."

~

"That's basically the gist of it. What motivated me to make this decision." Edd says, playing with the edge of his shirt.

"Oh! I remember that. That was when Grandma reminded me to always support you on whatever decision you decide to make." Ell exclaims.

You looked around the room as everyone bathed in the comforting silence. You all huddled up in Grandmother Susan's yet-to-be-emptied room after dinner to talk.

"Does anyone else wanna share what Grandmother Susan had said to them when we had alone time with her?" You ask.

"I think you're the only one left, (Y/N)." Matt points out.

You flinch. Right. You still haven't shared yours. You shift uncomfortably in your seat. What Grandmother Susan said to you wasn't exactly a shareable thing to just tell other people, but it's still a bit unfair to the others...

"I-It's a bit personal and embarrassing." You can feel the heat rising up to your cheeks as you felt all eyes were on you. "It's about a boy." All the males in the room shot their heads up high, directly looking at you. You felt your heartbeat quicken a bit at the heightened attention you were given.