{Chapter 29|Last Place}

Hi. Welcome to cringe-fest.
Spoiler: this is a very short chapter and the last part is cringe and it's been 10 days since I updated so RIP
=~~~=

"Thank God...I can finally get out..." Edd sighs, relieved.

He turns to Matt, happily sitting beside his bedside, scrolling through his phone.
"Hey Matt, why is Ell not here?" He asks.
Matt looks up from his phone, "Oh, Ell? She had some stuff to take care of...by that I mean she has hangout day with her girls."
Edd furrowed his eyebrows, "THAT'S more important than supporting (Y/N) with the orphanage?"
Matt shrugs in return.

"She's...been acting really weird lately." Matt says before returning to his phone.

"Ah...she acts like she's a grown adult." Edd says.

Matt gives Edd a confused look, "Isn't she a grown adult thou—"

"Shh, Matt."

The door abruptly swings open, revealing Tord and Tom.

"(Y/N) doesn't like your face." Was the first thing that Tord said. Tom elbowed him in the stomach.
"He means that (Y/N) wanted to spend time with Grandma."

"Oh...hey Tom. Hey Tord." Edd waves nonchalantly and smiles. "I was wondering where you guys were."

~

"Has...he been eating well lately? Before his epileptic episode I mean..." The doctor asked Grandmother Susan.
You didn't know what you were doing there to be honest.
You still needed time to calm down with all the business going on around you, so you decided to stick to Grandmother Susan rather than visiting Edd in his room, like the good best friend that you are.

"Yes...as far as I have been seeing him. He eats healthy if you take out the fizzed sugar he has been drinking." Grandmother Susan replies.

The doctor nods and writes on her pad.

"Please. Keep an eye on his eating schedule. It is important during his recovery as he would be taking a drug that would have some side effects, please give this to him and tell him to take at least one pill everyday."

She gives Grandmother Susan a bottle of the pills.

The doctor suddenly looks at you, "You, young lady, are you somewhat his significant other?"

You jump.

"Ah! Me? What—me? Who? N-no! I'm just a f-friend!"

You start fumbling over your own words, a bit surprised by the sudden question.

The doctor and Grandmother Susan giggle.

"Please keep an eye on him, then. I'll get going now." The doctor gives you a final smile before turning around and leaving.

Grandmother Susan turns to look at you, "By your panicked reaction, do you have any feelings for him, (Y/N)?"
"G-Grandma Susan!" You say as you grit your teeth.

"Now that I think about it, you'd look good with any of them to be honest. Hmm...who would be most fitting though..." She starts to think.
You sigh heavily, knowing that you're helpless against an old lady.

"Matt, probably?" She says.

"Eh?" Was your response.

"Both youngest, both pretty cute, both charming, both great personalities, in fact, your personalities really collide with each other...not to mention your chemistry..."

"A-ah, Grandma..." Your voice trails off. "H-he already has someone in mind. And that's not m—"

You didn't finish your sentence as you she puts her index finger on your lips.