{Chapter 33|Peck}

WOaH iS tHis aNoThER updAtE?????
The first line of this chapter would be my reaction too XD

=~~~=

"Oh! Well, that was quick!"

Matt says, already standing up on his feet.

"I suddenly didn't wanna..."

Tom replies, sitting on the bench beside his brother.

Matt raises an eyebrow, a bit weirded out by Tom's sudden change of mood.
But then again, this was Tom he was facing.
Matt shrugs and stands up himself, "This is probably a good time to go to the restroom too."

He was about to walk away but Tom tugged the back of his overcoat.

"Don't. (Y/N) and Edd are in there having a moment."

Tom says it blunt, to which Matt was even more confused.
"Oh? What kind of moment?"
"Nothing special. But it would be rude to suddenly interr—"

"Matt! Tom!" Edd's voice comes ringing out the hallway.
"Oh! Edd! Hi!" Matt waves cheerfully.
"Where's (Y/N)?" Tom asks, immediately noticing your absence.

"Ah, she wanted some alone time in the restroom, so..."
"I suddenly have the urge to go to the restroom."
Tom wastes no time and rushes to the restroom.

Coming in, Tom sees you hugging your knees, looking through your phone. Your eyes and cheeks were still a bit puffy and red from crying earlier.

You looked so cute with that pouty face.

You did a double take at Tom before actually acknowledging his presence.
"H-Hi, Hey! Tom..." You greet, stammering.
"Hi." Tom greets back.

"So...what have you guys been doing?" You ask, turning off your phone.
"Ah, we weren't really sure where to go so Matt and I have been wandering around aimlessly the whole time...Tord got pulled into the hospital-like side of the orphanage so we left him there."

You nod as Tom makes himself comfortable beside you.

"...H-hey...(Y/N)..." Tom abruptly begins, "Do you have a favorite?"
"Favorite? Tom, you know I don't pick favorites." You quietly chuckle.
"Beep. Wrong answer, (Y/N)~" Tom jokes.
"Haha...you know I can't. You're all my favorites!" You smile.
"Beep. Wrong answer once again."

"What do you want me to say, then?" You giggle.
"Is it really that hard, (Y/N)? Just say that it's Edd and I can finally let go of th—"
Tom stops himself, "I mean just say that we all suck and then you got an answer."

You heard it loud and clear.
Is fate trying to play with you or something?
When you're having a so-called "moment" with at least one of the guys, there's always a "Do you like ____?" question right after.

You and Tom suddenly make direct eye-contact for a hot minute.

"...(Y/N), remember that one indirect kiss I gave you?"

You suddenly look down but nod slightly.

"..."

It felt as if Tom wanted to say something more but dropped it.

You sigh heavily, being the first to make a move,

Kissing him on the cheek.

Tom almost jumped 5 feet, surprised at your sudden action.
"You were gonna do it anyways if you didn't chicken out." You gave him a half-hearted smile.

"Uh—well I...um...excuse me for a minute..." Tom hurriedly goes into one of the stalls, leaving you still sitting on the floor.

'Holy sheezums, did I just really do that?'

You cover your face as it felt like an absolute oven.
You were never one to take action before but something about his face was just screaming that he was desperate.
What did you do?
Give him what he wanted because you're too easy.

'You know, with all these feelings and stuff, you should really learn how to play hard to get, (Y/N)...'

You mentally slap and face palm yourself at the same time.
You sigh, rubbing your reddened cheeks as your eyes land on your phone.

'I wonder if he still has my phone num—'

'Disgusting, (Y/N). Absolutely disgusting. What will your cliché-rich-dad think of this? That you're suddenly a playgirl? He didn't raise you to be a disappointment, (Y/N)...studies first then probably adopt a dog and stay single forever. That's the best game plan right now. Also, you should really make some new female friends, right?'

Before you could process your thoughts further, Tom comes out from the store, his face still had a tint of pink on his cheeks.
Trying not to make eye contact with you anymore, "Let's go...the others are probably waiting..." He says, making his way out.

"O-okay..."

You mutter, getting up from your place and started following him, hopefully, your eyes aren't as puffy now.
Before you could step out of the restroom completely, Tom stops, making you stop as well.

"Hm?" You hum in confusion as to why he suddenly stopped.

Without warning, Tom gives you a peck on the lips before stepping out completely. He looks back at you, a playful smile appeared on his lips.

"I don't chicken out, sorry."