{Chapter 25|His Journal}

I WANT THAT NOTEBOOK WHERE TO BUYYYYYY
=~~~=

Shuffling through all the dust bunnies in the attic, you finally come across all their childhood belongings.
They were neatly placed in a row, provided with a faded and dusty sign of each of their names, indicating in who's things are who's.

You dust off some debris off your hoodie and make yourself comfortable in the dusty environment.

You scan the things on where to start with, "Hm...let's see..."

You start digging into the things, in Tom's stuff first, seeing what could still be in good condition after all these years.
You found an old toy pineapple...it was plastic.
Then, you found a bowling ball. Probably a part of a collection.

"Hm...I just need to find the whole set...maybe then it could be good to give." You mutter to yourself.

You start to look for the whole bowling set, stumbling upon a broken ukulele, a small hoodie with holes in it, and some old story books.
You take in the story books and place it beside you.

"Hm, I bet children would want those."

Soon, you found the rest of the set of the bowling collection, and so you moved on to the next boxes.

~

"...And Matt's the only one left."
You stretch a bit. Your legs have fallen asleep due to how long you've been sitting. Fortunately, Matt's box of things were the only ones left to uncover.

You shuffle through the things containing old clothes, a bunch of grooming toys, and mirrors. You see a photo of a young Matt in one of the frames.
You cooed a bit at the picture, how cute he looked in a jumper.

You start digging for more and ended up with a novel-sized book.

You blow off some dust from the book, revealing the front page as "Journal".

"Matt had a journal?" You raised an eyebrow.

You open the book, having its normal questions like, "This book belongs to..." And stuff. The age was filled in as "6". Which left you confused. If you had left at age 10, does that mean Matt and the others were only with their non-biological parents for 4 years?

Shaking the thought off, you turn to the next page.

"First Day at Youth Orphanage"

Was the title. You found yourself unconsciously reading the whole page.

"Miss Hannah gave me this journal because she says that we can write things about this orphanage and our thoughts because...it's therapeutic? I don't know what that word means. All the other kids also have journals like this. So I guess It's normal.

Today, I walked into the orphanage and everyone stared at me. I felt really shy. Suddenly, the children came over to me and asked me tons of questions like what was my name and my age and my favorite food. They really welcomed me immediately.

The nice grown-up people there were also really welcoming and nice. They gave me macaroni! Everyone was really nice! Then I met this boy named Tom...he looked like he didn't like me. That made me sad. I tried to talk to him a little more but he just said mean things...and that hurt me so I cried. People around me were noticing it and came to comfort me and they gave me cookies too...some told off Tom because he was being rude...he didn't like me even more."

You skip a few pages, you knew this part. Tom told you about it...briefly, but he did mention it.

As you turn to the other pages, the titles gradually getting more and more closer to the things Tom and Matt told you. Things like;