{Chapter 12|Matt is High (kind of)}

"(Y/N)!"

Tord comes running towards you and immediately pulled you close to him. The man started to get up again. "Who are you?!" Tord asks, the man scoffed and mumbled something but walked away.
Tord was about to go after him but you pulled him back, "It's best if you leave him be...I have a feeling that's the last encounter we're gonna have have anyways." You said.
Tord sighed heavily and looked at you, "You okay?" He asked.

You chuckled, "I just uppercut a dude and had the whole store stare at me. Of course I'm fine." You both sighed in relief. "You got the manga?" You asked.
He took out a book from his hoodie. "Don't ask how. But I did." He smirked playfully at you and you guys headed your way to the car.

"By the way...when did you learn how to do karate?" Tord asks as he starts the engine.
"Eh. My parents forced me to go learn self-defense with my older cousin. I didn't want to at first but it was really fun at the end." You explained.

Tord nodded and left it at that. The whole ride was silent.

  You reached the house in moments notice and dinner was already prepared.
"Ah! You guys are back! I was wondering where you were! (Y/N), it's time for the change of bandage!" Edd says as he grabs your other arm.

"What the heck, Edd? Do you really have to treat (Y/N) like a baby all the time? Jeez!" Tom said from the dining table. You gave him a slight nod and smiled a bit at him. Edd rolled his eyes at Tom and you guys went into the bathroom.

"Ugh, don't mind Tom. I don't know what's gotten into him." Edd says as he oulled out the bandages he had. You giggled, "Wasn't Tom always like that, though?"
Edd smiled a bit at your statement.
Within a couple of minutes, you guys were done and made your way back to the dining table. (That moment when you almost wrote "SINNING table" I love my keyboard lmao)
"We're having Perch fish for dinner! I hope you guys like my new type of cooking!"
Ell clasps her hands proudly at what she made.

  You looked at your plate...the fish still had it's eye in it.
  The fish started at you.
  You stared back.

"Haha! (Y/N), is the fish that good to be eaten or something?" Matt retorts beside you, laughing. "Ha...why does it look like it's staring into my soul?" You reply, still being hypnotized by the fish eyeball.
"Oh my god! Okay, okay. Wanna change plates then?" Matt says and gives you his plate. You exchanged it happily. "Thanks, Mattie!" You said.

Later on, while you were still eating, Tom and Tord had a heated argument about...

     Pizza?

"I'm telling you! Hawaiian pizza is the best!"
"No! Pepperoni always wins!"
"Okay let's settle this. Tell me which game and I'll beat you in it."
"Game on. Let's settle this in a game of---"
"Guys--"
"THIS DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU, SMARTASS!" The two yells at Edd who was trying to calm down the fight.

  You haven't even noticed what was happening to Matt since all of you were so focused in the argument. Matt was turning purple and it looked as if he was struggling for air. "GUYS, STOP! What's happening to Matt?!?" You yelled. The two boys quickly turn to you at the sound of your voice.

  Edd face-palmed, "Why did they listen to you and not me?!"
"Stop this nonsense! We have to get Matt to the hospital!" You said, concern and panic filling up your voice.

|======|

"Mr. Hargreaves' condition isn't that serious or major, fortunately." The Doctor had come out of Matt's room.
You and Ell sighed in relief. The others are in the room talking with Matt.
"What happened to make him go purple?" You asked.

  The Doctor's eyebrows furrowed slightly. "I'm afraid the reason for him to run out of air was because he was poisoned."

  You gasped. "H-how...?" You asked. The doctor shook his head as if he didn't know the answer. Ell reassuringly put her hand on your shoulder. Suddenly, Tom walks out of the room with the other two, "(Y/N), Matt's asking for you. But...I'm afraid he's...a bit out of it..." He said.

  You stood up from your chair and went in despite Tom's light warnings.

   You walked into the room to see Matt, laying down peacefully as if he's on cloud 9.
"Ahhh~ (Y/N) is that youuuu??" He said like he's in a haze. You raise your eyebrow at him. "What...did they give you?" You asked him.
"(Y/N)....have I ever told youuuu thaat you...." He raised up his hand, seemingly to reach for your face. He caressed your cheeks lightly. You didn't notice it, but you felt your cheeks get heated up.

"That I what...?" You asked.

  "That...you look....." His words now seem to be breathier than before.
  "That I look...?" You repeated his words as if he's trying to teach a child how to pronounce words.

"You look like an elephant?" He finished as his hand dropped from your face and back onto his stomach.

You felt the urge to slap him but you managed your hand to stay where they were.
"Ahahaha...very...very funny..." You faked laughed.

  "After I get out I want to...climb the oceannn~!" The way he said his words were slurpy so you came to the conclusion that maybe he was high on whatever medicine they gave him.
"Okay...you'll get to climb the ocean, don't worry..." You said.

  Even though he unconsciously insulted you, you can't help but chuckle a bit at his attitude.
  "Aish. This dork. What am I gonna do with you?"

You didn't know what caused you to do it, it's just that you did.

You kissed him on the forehead.

=~~~=
THIS CHAPTER IS ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT WHO CARSS??? :D