{Chapter 46|Edd Angers Mama Ringo}

"We're home!" You announce.

The sounds of utensils clinking with each other fill the sounds of the dining room and the smell of food immediately made your stomach growl.

"Yoo! (Y/N), you're back!" Ell pops her head out from the dining room.

You chuckle and made your way into the room and see that the others were already eating.

"I was telling these idiots to wait for you but guess who got hungry and used the 'I'm-Older' excuse!" Ell says and stared daggers right down at Tord's being, who shrugged, swallowing down his food and mumbled, "Look, if you were in my position you'd do the same."

You sigh at their playful banter. "I'll join you guys after I change. Be right back!" You head on your way to your room, put down your bag, got changed then immediately went down.

"Alright! I'm ba—"

Your eyes widened when all who was left at the table was Edd with his untouched food.

"THE OTHERS ATE WITHOUT ME?! WHAT HAPPENED TO ELL??" You say.

"A-ah...she wanted to but she had to study..." Edd's voice was a lot more softer than your cry.

"Hmph. So much for 'waiting' for me." You huff and took the seat opposite from Edd and began taking what you want with the presented food.

"Huh. I just realized your food's untouched. Do you not want it?" You ask.

"Uh...I want it...it's just that...I was uh...waiting for you." He sends you a smile that made your heart skip a beat.

Oh, you'd die for that smile, it's so genuine.

"Aww, you did? Thanks. Good to know there's at least one of you guys who're loyal around here." You chuckle. "Well, Im here now. Go ahead and eat."

You say, lifting up your spoon and shoving it into your mouth, letting the tasteful flavor satisfy your hungry stomach. You took a glance at Edd and realize he still hasn't even touched his utensils.

"Hey, the food's not gonna come into your mouth on their own and they're getting cold. Food's important for your recovery, y'know!" You say.

Edd then mumbled something you couldn't quite hinder.

"Pardon?" You ask.

"A-Ah, it's nothing!" Edd says as he shakily lifts up his hand, his hoodie sleeves seemed to be a lot more longer today.

You watched as he noticeably flinched, touching the silver spoon which heightened your concern.

Was his hand hurt?

"Edd, could you open your hand for me?"

Your question seemed to surprise the brunette.

"Why do you ask?" He questions.

"You're hurt, aren't you?" You say.

He stays silent and showed sign of hesitation before opening his hand fully, letting go of the utensil. You briefly looked at the spoon seeing that it left something red.
Your eyes widened.

There, you saw his hand bleeding from new cuts, his whole palm was completely red from the blood.

"Oh my god, what happened?!" You stand up in shock.

"I...I was feeding the cats before dinner and Ringo became really protective over her kitten when I tried to get her to come out of her hiding spot. She ended up scratching my palms."

"Why didn't you tell the others?" You ask, concern and worry filling up your voice as you walk over to him for a closer look.

"I-is it okay if I don't answer that question?" He says.

You look at his chocolate brown eyes. You were sure he could see the worry in your eyes.

"(Y/N), don't worry...it isn't a big deal." Edd tries to reassure you.

"...How can I treat it as if it's not a big deal when cuts like that can cause infections? No matter how hygienic cats are, we can never know how much bacteria we don't get to clean whenever we give them a bath. Not to mention skin bacteria." You say, freezing in your spot as you were looking for the bandages in the drawers.

"...I've heard those exact words before." You turn to Edd smiling sheepishly.

"It...it just stuck with me, okay?" You had no idea why you felt embarrassed. You just said Edd's words right back at him by instinct.

Once you finally got the tissues, bandages, alcohol and pain relievers, you set aside some dishes on the table and put the materials on it.

You took the tissues and grabbed the alcohol, tapping the alcohol on the tissue as Edd watched closely.

"Give me your hand." You say and the boy does as said.

You slowly dabbed on the wound with the modified tissue in hand. Edd hissed at the stinging feeling, but you made sure you were gentle.

"...Deja vu." Edd let's out a small laugh.

"This is more like me returning the favor." You reply, laughing a bit too.

"Have you ever noticed that both of your incident and my incident somehow always ties back to the cats?"

"Oh yeah, you're right! Don't ever underestimate house cats."

After that, you did all the necessary steps on healing the wound, wrapping around the bandage on his palm afterwards.
You sigh, pleased with your efforts, and Edd seemed please as well.

"Thank you." Edd says and you smile, grabbing your plate and decided to sit beside Edd and began eating your food.
As soon as you took a bite of your food, you took a spoonful from Edd's plate. "Say 'ah'!" You say.

Edd turned red immediately by your actions.

"I—wait, this—uh-erm I-" his words were all over the place, a complete cutie.

"I told you to say 'ah' and not 'I-wait-this-uh-erm-I'!" You imitated the brunette him getting more and more red by the second.
After a while, he opened up his mouth and you were successful in shoving the food in it.

You did that in silence for a while.
You volunteered in doing the dishes for the both of you, first putting in the leftovers in the fridge then putting the plates and utensils in the sink.

Edd decided to wait for you there too.

"Oh yeah, did you get to study for the exams?" You ask.

"Of course." He replies.

"Okay,"

...

"Hey (Y/N)?" Edd calls you out.

"Yep?"

"Can we sleep together tonight?"

Once again, you freeze at his words.

Edd noticed it immediately, "G-GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!"

"YOU SHOULD'VE WORDED IT BETTER THEN, JEEZ!"

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOUR MIND'S DIRTY!"

"THERE WERE OTHER WAYS YOU COULD'VE SAID THAT YOU KNOW! But sure, okay. At your room then?"

"Yeah sure."