⇢︎ Chapter 32 : Batter Up

"This really blows," Chosuke grumbled to himself, "Why do we even play?"

"I know," Nobuta stated but he then smiled, "The exhibition game gotta get our minds off it."

Chosuke couldn't help but smirk in a teasing manner as he looked over at E class, "Nothing like watching real losers getting beat."

Nobuta chuckled as he looked at their baseball team, "Oh-ho this is gonna be a riot."

E class and the official school baseball team lined up and faced each other. Almost all of the class E boys were here for the game as they all each faced a player that towered over them. Sugino was in front of Shindo, a taunting smirk being sent his way.

"Only the chosen ones gets bragging rights, my friend," Shindo stated with a smile, "Remember that, victory goes to the play with the most skill. On the field and in the classroom. So, not a lot of hope with you."

Sugino huffed a bit as he lowered his head at Shindo. Shindo kept his smirk as he stared at Sugino before turning his head to the side to face Y/n. Y/n was standing near the referee on class E's side, holding his teddy and carrying a backpack.

Shindo raised a taunting brow, "What's this? Shorty isn't going to play? With all the talk you said the other day I would think that you would be able to put up a fight. Guess my intentions were wrong, huh? You really are pathetic."

Y/n rolled his eyes, "If I could play against you, I would. But, again, I know where I stand and I don't like to get my hands dirty. Just think of me as the manager of the team, Shindo. Now, go, mind your own business next time," He said as the rest of the teams were starting to turn away to their bleachers.

"You really are a pain in the ass. Just wait until we're done here," Shindo threatened.

Y/n tilted his head slightly as he smiled, it splitting his face in an uncomfortable way, "I would like to see you try, Shindo."

Shindo seemed to stiffen slightly. He blinked for a second and the creepy smile on Y/n's face was completely gone, replaced with the usually blank and tired face. He also noticed that the teams had already headed to their bleachers as Y/n and Shindo were the only ones left talking.

"Let's play some ball!!" A spectator shouted as a crowd of students cheered.

"Batter up, bitch," Y/n sneered as he turned and walked over to his team.

"You..." Shindo mumbled under his breathe as he huffed and turned to his side of the bleachers sharply.

"Holy crap, why are they all so fired up all of a sudden?" Y/n heard one of his classmates asked as he walked over to the bleachers.

"Even better question where's our coach? Isn't he supposed to teach us his method?"

"Yeah, about that," Y/n chimed in making the attention go to him, "I'm left in charge of you guys for the mean time. Koro-sensei is... over there." He pointed to a random spot on the field making the others look to where he was pointing, "He said something about not being able to be seen, so he's using forced perspective to look like a baseball. He'll be sending signals to me for you guys by the color of his face."