⇢︎ Chapter 40 : Winners Only

As Y/n and Nagisa lightly bickered with one another about how to hold a knife, everyone else stood in stunned shock

As Y/n and Nagisa lightly bickered with one another about how to hold a knife, everyone else stood in stunned shock. Karasuma was especially shocked about what had happened before him. He felt a sense of concern and anxiety build up in him. He clutched onto Y/n's teddy.

"I'll take those, thank you," Koro-sensei said as he grabbed both Y/n's and Nagisa's blades, "Game set and matched. Y/n."

Y/n lightly flinched as Nagisa helped him off of the ground.

Koro-sensei started to eat the blades, "Outrageous for accepting such a bet and handing someone a real knife, have you lost your marbles? You both could've been hurt, or worse!!"

"Ah..." Y/n muttered as he rubbed the back of his head and slouched his stance, "Sorry."

"You both really did it!!"

"I'm so relieved!"

"That was so cool!!"

The whole class E started to surround both Nagisa and Y/n as they continued to praise them both about what happened. Y/n tried his best to hide behind Nagisa, not liking the attention that was suddenly given to him. He managed to slip out of the crowd and jog over to Karasuma and Irina.

"I have to hand it to you kid," Irina spoke up as Y/n walked over, "You were pretty cool out there."

Y/n blinked in slight shock that Irina had praised him, he looked to the side, "It was... nothing... I just wanted to keep my teddy safe," he said sheepishly.

"Nothing or not, what you did was amazing," Karasuma praised as he handed Y/n his teddy back, "Coordinating your attacks, making yourself seem invisible to Takaoka's senses, those are not easy stuff to do."

Irina nodded as she patted Y/n on the head and put her other hand on her hip, "Yeah, no shit. If I didn't know any better, you would've been mistaken for a real assassin."

Y/n blushed at Irina's actions. He never had such heartfelt praises before. Sure, he's been praised by Shiro every once and a while, but they always felt empty for some reason. But Irina's and Karasuma's praises made him feel warm. He liked that.

"Go on kid," Karasuma said as he lightly pushed Y/n towards the group of students, "Go have fun."

"Okay da- Mr. Karasuma," Y/n stumbled as he quickly went over to where his friends were.

However, when Y/n came over and took his spot next to Nagisa with his teddy in his arms, he was immediately met with a chop to the head as Nagisa was met with a slap to the cheek. He was shocked by the sudden action as he rubbed his head in pain.

"Ow! What was that for?" Nagisa questioned as Y/n pouted beside him.

"Sorry, uh, I needed to make sure that war you," Meahara, the one who smacked and chopped Nagisa and Y/n, said, "Sincerely though, you both were totally awesome! That whole ordeal was a total rush!!" He wrapped his arms around Y/n's waist and on Nagisa's shoulder, pulling them both close to him.