⇢︎ Chapter 80 : A Repeating Record

"So, she wants to join us?"

"It seems so. Are we... going to allow it?"

"Why not. She could be useful for us."

"Boss... I don't think this is the smartest move to play."

"How so? She's good at her job, gets her missions done, and her attitude fits in with the three of us. Her beauty is just an extra perk, that can be easily overlooked."

"It's just that... She has such an impact on the class, don't you think the trick is... cheap?"

"Because she has such an impact on the class is the perfect reason to let her join us. Tricks or no tricks, if we want this mission to move forward, I say we let her join."

"I don't know boss. Maybe she has some sort of extra motive. I say we don't let her join."

"Well, since we cannot come up to an agreement, why not let Y/n choose for us? Y/n, should we let her join us?"

Shiro and Reaper turned towards the younger male. They were sitting at a round table. Paperwork littered the top as lab equipment was scatter throughout the darken room. It buzzed like a pesky mosquito and glowed as if it was straight out of a sci-fi movie.

Y/n had yet to talk his thoughts during the meeting, preoccupied with the machinery around and in him. The bandages from before increased as one now covered his eyes completely, blood coating where tears would be. He simply sat in a chair loosely holding his bear as his fingers would brush against it every once in a while.

"If Ms. Jelavic wants to join..." Y/n whispered. "I see nothing wrong with letting her. Her choice is her own downfall." The machine buzzed around him.

"Excellent!" Shiro cheered, he then turned to Reaper. "You heard the boy, and the vote is not two against one. The Jelavic teacher may join us. Now..." He got up as he stacked some papers in his hands. "I have to go meet up with some government officials. I will be gone for a while, so I trust everything to you, Reaper. Get Jelavic on the team and get that nasty octopus off this Earth, understand?"

"Yes, boss," Reaper said, his hands in front of him as he looked down.

Shiro nodded, his eyes closing in a happy manner. "Wonderful." He shut the door behind as he left the room.

Reaper and Y/n were left to their lonesome. One in deep thought, the other in so much pain that he couldn't feel his nerves anymore. One fidget where he sat, the other still like a statue. One alive and breathing, the other barely passing through. Reaper looked up at Y/n, but Y/n could not look up at Reaper.

"Y/n," Reaper called out and the buzzing of the machine paused for a moment before starting up the next procedure. "Are you sure you're okay with this? You don't have to go on this mission if you don't want to."

Y/n flinched for a moment, his bones cracking slightly from being in a stiff position for such a long time. His head then turned to Reaper, not fulling looking at him but to let the older knew he was listening and paying attention to him.