⇢︎ Chapter 77 : "I Hate..."

"Text" = speaking English

'I wanted to stay in that room a little longer, just to do nothing

'I wanted to stay in that room a little longer, just to do nothing. But, of course, Shiro had to drag me out of the white room with the red stained walls. Takaoka was being treated in the corner by some of Shiro's goons when I left. If I wanted to, I wouldn't have let them, but I wanted Takaoka to get better so I could tear him apart again. But that didn't matter now since I'm now playing chess against a man.

'I hate... a lot of things in life...'

"Oh wow!" Shiro cheered in fake happiness, his clothes changed, and he actually looked like a normal human being. "In just a few minutes it's a checkmate!"

"Wh-What?!" The blond man on the other side of the table stuttered. "H-how is-! You don't even know how to play chess! I had to teach ya kid how to-!"

Shiro silenced the gambler by raising his hand in front of his face. "Uh-uh, Mr. Lovelock, we made a deal. You play one game of chess with my son and the winner gets the money pot. You lost, he..." Shiro held onto Y/n's shoulders." ...won, that means he gets the money. I apologize, but that is just the rules you established works!"

Shiro snapped his fingers as the other man flitches. He watched as his own henchmen started to hand over a large suitcase, that he knew was filled with money, to the boy in front of him. "This is all a trick! You're tricking me!!"

"I assure you, sir, that this is not a trick," Y/n said, his clothes brand new and clean along with his teddy. He smiled sweetly at the man with blank eyes and holding his teddy close to his chest. "This was my first game of chess with you. I'm glad that I had fun while doing so!"

'That's a lie. Shiro had me practice playing chess very young so that I can beat the grown men in these gambling places. He had me spent hours upon hours creating ways to defeat an opponent. He uses me as bait for traders with a gambling addiction. They would bet their money, Shiro would bet my life to put more pressure on me. I'm nothing but a puppet for him to use to get money, or entertainment.

'I hate chess...'

Shiro led Y/n out of the room with the weeping blond man with his hand on Y/n's back as a guide. Of course, both Shiro and Y/n ignored the man's cries and mutters about how the money was his life savings. Shiro didn't pay attention since he got the money and didn't care for the other men pleads. Y/n's didn't care since he knew that it was the man's own fault for betting with a man like Shiro.

"You did well back there!" Shiro claimed with a smile on his lips as he ruffled Y/n's hair in a teasing manner. "Keep it up for the next few, and don't forget, if you lose, you know what that means, okay? I couldn't be more proud of you!" Shiro's words turned sour towards the end of the sentence before he covered it with a praise.

"Yes, sir!" Y/n said with a smile of appreciation.

Shiro chuckled as he continued to led Y/n to a different room. "That's my boy!"