⇢︎ Chapter 61 : Shoot, Aim, Fire

It was starting to get eerily quiet for Y/n

It was starting to get eerily quiet for Y/n. Sure, his classmates were softly talking to one another as they approached the cinema, but it didn't help his twisting gut. He clutched onto his teddy for comfort as he tried to calm his mind.

However, no matter how hard he tried, Y/n couldn't calm down. In fact, it gotten worse when the class entered the cinema. He froze up. This was noticed by the group as they turned to Y/n with a confused expression on their faces.

"Y/n?" Isogai questioned as Karasuma also glanced behind him. "Is everything alright."

Y/n furrowed his brows and his lips quivered lightly. He was about to talk but suddenly footsteps were heard. His eyes widened as he turned to the stage of the cinema. Karasuma narrowed his eyes.

"Y/n?" Nagisa called out, as he was starting to get worried for his friend.

Karasuma, suddenly realizing what Y/n was trying to warn the class, whipped his head towards the stage. Then, he heard it. Sounds of footsteps. Light on their feet, an assassin. And it seemed like they were carrying something, light, but if anything, it was a weapon.

"Someone is coming." Karasuma warned. "There's footsteps."

The class looked at Karasuma in shock. "Footsteps?? But we don't hear anything!" They weren't only shock by Karasuma hearing the silent footsteps but were shocked that Y/n could hear them too. Not only that, but Y/n heard them before Karasuma. It made them think that Y/n might be a superhuman like Karasuma too.

"We need to hide..." Y/n breathed with an unsteady voice. "We cannot be seen by this person."

"Why? It's just one person, right?" Terakasa questioned. "Shouldn't it be fine with the whole class to jump 'em?"

Y/n quickly shook his head, his nerves spiking already. "Those footsteps, they aren't like the others we've encounter. L-Let me listen..." He stuttered over his words as he tried to focus. "Tall, light on their feet, sloppy footing, holding a weapon... They're a professional... and it seems like they were made to kill us."

"Everyone, duck behind the seats, now!" Karasuma ordered.

The class nodded at the ordered and scattered around the cinema, hiding behind the seats. Y/n stumbled for a moment but was able to duck behind a seat in time. He covered his mouth with one of his hands as the other clutched onto his teddy for dear life. He was scared.

The footsteps echoed in Y/n's head before they echoed in the cinema. To those who were peeking from around the seats, they noticed that a man entered the stage and was holding - more like licking - his gun. His name? Gastro.

Gastro stood in the middle of the stage with the lights dark all around him. He waited, hearing and noticing the breathing of his targets. These were amateurs, they couldn't even control their breathing correctly.

Gastro suddenly shot the air above him, making a loud clattering sound that made E class flinch. "FYI, this room is completely soundproof!" He announced. "You'll all be swiss cheese long before anyone comes to the rescue. Come on, we all know you ain't go the gripes for homicide. Surrender like good little boys and girls and we'll go se-" A bullet rushed past Gastro, cutting him off.