⇢︎ Chapter 76 : Fear

"What?"

"What?"

Koro-sensei stood in front of Karasuma and Irina. They were in the teacher's lounge, getting ready for the weekend and doing paperwork when Koro-sensei broke the news to them. They couldn't do anything but stare at the yellow octopus in horror.

"Y/n has been taken by Shiro," Koro-sensei restated for Karasuma. "I've tried to contact him, his classmates tried to contact him, but we have no answers. And by Ritsu's statistics, we don't know if we will ever see him again."

Karasuma felt his stomach drop. His blinked once then twice, hoping that what the octopus said was fake and that everything was a dream. But by the third blink Karasuma knew he was wide awake. The tone that Koro-sensei used was not sarcastic or funny, he was serious.

"You're lying," Karasuma said as he stood up. "Where is Y/n right now? Tell me."

Koro-sensei slightly tilted his head at Karasuma. "Mr. Karasuma..."

Karasuma stepped closer to Koro-sensei and pulled an anti-sensei knife out. "You're lying!" He tried to take a stab at Koro-sensei, but the teacher just dodged with ease. "This is some sick joke, right? I'm not laughing so bring Y/n back!"

"I cannot."

"You're a supernatural being," Karasuma sneered, his brows furrowed and his teeth gritting together. "You're telling me that you, of all people, couldn't do anything to stop Y/n from going with that mad scientist? You're faster than what the human eye can comprehend, and you couldn't help Y/n?! Bullshit!!"

"He went with Shiro willingly," Koro-sensei said with a cool tone, unwavering, and no emotion. "If I were to intervene, he would've been killed, or one of his classmates would've been killed during the process. Shiro is a tricky man."

"Shiro this, Shiro that, I don't give a damn about that man!!" Karasuma shouted as he marched up to Koro-sensei. However, his hip hit the edge of the table, making the paperwork on it fall to the floor.

The screeching of the table cut Karasuma's thoughts as he whipped around to see papers littering the floor. Karasuma's eyes softened as he slowly crouched down and collected the papers. However, when he did, he paused himself. In his arm was a pile of papers, but in his hand was a single paper with Y/n's name on it. Y/n's recent quiz, that he aced no problem.

Koro-sensei grabbed a remaining paper on the floor as he handed it to Karasuma, to which the human grabbed carefully and looked up at the octopus. "I understand how you feel, Karasuma," Koro-sensei claimed. "Y/n is my student too, and he is a friend to many. Losing him is something I didn't dare fathom. I wish I could've done something; you think I don't live with that guilt now? I searched everywhere, every corner, every crack, but he disappeared.

"The class is already having a hard time grasping the idea that Y/n won't be in the same seat anymore, but they also have Itona to take care of now. And Itona is on an all-time low now that Y/n, his support system, isn't with him anymore."