⇢︎ Chapter 68 : Grocery Run

Y/n looked down at the plastic bag in his hand that held all of the groceries that he gotten while the other held onto his signature teddy

Y/n looked down at the plastic bag in his hand that held all of the groceries that he gotten while the other held onto his signature teddy. Shiro had sent him on a grocery run while he trained Itona for an upcoming experiment. Although Y/n tried to argue with Shiro that he didn't want to go, Shiro had forced him out anyways, not allowing him back home unless he had gotten the groceries that Shiro asked for.

Y/n sighed to himself as he rubbed the bandage on his cheek. It was itchy and messily put on since he was in a rush to get out of the house. Honestly, he was just glad that he ran out as soon as he did. Who knows what else Shiro would've thrown at him if he didn't.

'Sir has been more on edge ever since my incident.' Y/n thought to himself. 'I guess that's only reasonable, though, considering... Ah, I don't want to think about it... But ever since my incident, Sir has been training me and Itona harsher than usual. I would've been okay with it if only it didn't take up my time with Itona... Itona... I need to get him out of this house... but how?'

Y/n sighed to himself as he let his mind run rampant with thoughts. He didn't bother zoning into reality. He was currently walking to a cafe for some food to eat. Shiro had rushed him out of the house so fast that he couldn't eat anything. Now, it was almost noon and Y/n hasn't eaten a single crumb.

Y/n's stomach grumbled a bit with hunger. He pouted slightly as he was about to turn the corner to head down the street towards the cafe he liked. However, he bumped into someone, stumbling back a bit. He let out a small oof as he did so. He was about to look up and apologize but he cut himself off.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't-" Y/n started but then got cut off when he realizes who he bumped into. "Huh? Gakushu?"

Asano's pissed off expression imminently washed away when he noticed that it was his friend that he bumped into. "Y/n?" He said in surprise, his expression softening. "Hey, you're back. How have you been? Was the trip fun?"

Y/n squeezed his teddy slightly as he physically relaxed seeing Asano. "It was... okay, actually. Nothing major really happened. Just had some fun." He lied.

Asano looked at Y/n with a slightly knowing expression. He had always known that Y/n was good with masking his true intentions and that he was able to pick up on some small signals that Y/n was lying to him. However, he knew better than to get into Y/n's business, especially with a guardian like Y/n's.

Asano could only sigh. "That's good, I guess." Now that he looked closer at Y/n, the bandage on his cheek stood out. "Hey, what happened to your face. You alright?"

Y/n paused for a moment. He then looked to the side with a glint in his eyes. His brows furrowed as he tried to cover his bandage with his teddy. "I would... rather not talk about it, ya know?" He muttered softly.

Asano's look softened at Y/n's solum expression on his face. He tried to look around to see how he could make Y/n feel better, that's when he notices Y/n's favorite cafe. He perked up when he noticed and turned to Y/n.