⇢︎ Chapter 75 : Who Lives, and Who Dies

Despite having the need to run away and hide, Y/n couldn't move

Despite having the need to run away and hide, Y/n couldn't move. He couldn't really feel his body anymore as the wound on his back reopened and blood dripped slowly from his scars. A bruise on his cheek was already forming, and the tears never seemed to end.

Y/n never thought he would cry as much as he does now. Was it because of the pain? Was it because he had a taste of freedom for the first time in his life? Or maybe it was because he knew that Itona was in so much pain and he could only do so much to help him.

Y/n's vision faded in and out as he and Itona were thrown to the floor. The net limited their movements as they held each other closer. Comfort in the small warmth they brought each other, Y/n and Itona felt like it was them against the world.

"Itona! Y/n!" Koro-sensei's voice shouted throughout the air.

Y/n, being the only one awake of the two, hazily looked up at Koro-sensei as much as he can. "N-No, Koro-sensei..." He muttered, tired and dazed from the beating he received.

Koro-sensei went over to the net as he took out scissors since he couldn't physically touch the net. "Don't worry, I get-!" He cut himself off as bright violet lights shined around him. The light blinding Y/n's vision and limited Koro-sensei's movements.

'Blast! They're using pressure rays to slow me down!!' Koro-sensei thought to himself. 'Y/n and Itona might not be able to hold up any longer if this lasts!'

"Not that I'm the least bit surprised, but you really are a fool," Shiro stated, walking out from behind the truck that Y/n and Itona were once in. "Itona and Y/n are mine, my experiments."

Y/n covered Itona's head as a wave of BBs were fired at Koro-sensei. Some, however, were able to hit Y/n on accident, causing small spasms of pain to run through his body. Y/n held his breath as he kept his in cries in front of Shiro.

Shiro put his thumb under where his chin would be as if in thought. "Remarkable, you grow exponentially weaker when the target is anyone but yourself. Are you certain you won't go?"

"I am their teacher!!" Koro-sensei yelled as he tried his best to limit his movements while still dodging the high-speed bullets.

Itona's eyes were tired and foggy almost. He could see Y/n protecting him, but he could also see how hard Koro-sensei was trying to protect the both of them. He struggled to keep his eyes opened as his mind seemed to replay his life.

'I... I'm weak...' Itona thought to himself. 'Why else would my guardian abandon me...?'

Itona remembers how his father's phone company failed because too many people quit. He remembers how he sat in the alleyway, waiting for someone to toss food away so that he could eat it. Then, he remembers that was how Shiro had found him. How Shiro comments on Itona's eyes and got him hooked to the idea of power.

Now that Itona thought about it, he wished that he didn't take Shiro's hand that day. He wished that he didn't have the power he has now. He wished that he was still in that alleyway, that way he would be safe and will find comfort in his situation. But... if he didn't take Shiro's hand, he wouldn't have met Y/n.