⇢︎ Chapter 78 : Married to Anger

White walls

White walls. White floors. White ceilings. All were coated like a mental hospital, but Y/n wasn't ill. He sat on the only "furniture" in the room, a plain mattress with white blankets and a pillow. Beige clothing, only a short-sleeved shirt and long pants. Plain, utterly plain.

Y/n has nothing to do, no one to hurt, no one to talk to. He was left with his mind racing miles as he watched teddy fly up into the air like a superhero. Of course, teddy couldn't really fly, but Y/n would like to imagine that teddy could have some sense of freedom. Being stuck here in a room with him doesn't seem all that entertaining.

Y/n played with teddy, letting it fly into air, landing on the ground and propping its hands on its hips like it was talking. He used his fingers to act like other characters and let the story play out in front of him. He was just a kid after all, and he enjoyed little moments like this.

Y/n was so invested in playing his "play" that he didn't even bother to turn around when the door to his room opened. He listened as the high steps of Shiro walked into his room, but now he could hear another set of shoes walking in. This made Y/n pause his playing.

"I would like you to meet Y/n, your 'co-worker' from now on," Shiro voiced out.

"A child?" The other voice questioned, smooth and calming but alert and aware.

Shiro chuckled. "Pay no mind to his age for his power very much exceeds you in strength, stealth, and speed. That is..." His voice lowered in bitterness. "...if he wants to. Y/n is stubborn, far too stubborn even for me. I would like to see if you can even break him at this point." He lets out a sigh. "Very well, I'll give you both some time to get to know one another. After all, you both will be going on a mission with each other shortly. Have fun..."

With a bang than a click, the door was closed and locked tightly. The mysterious man from before stood staring at Y/n with an unknown expression on his face. Despite Shiro's talking, he was only watching Y/n intensely. But now with Shiro gone, silence filled the room.

Y/n was staring back at the man with large eyes. He held his teddy close to his chest, protecting it with his body. He didn't flinch or move away as the other man walked closer to him. However, Y/n knew that this person was dangerous. But where has he seen the man before?

"You're the flower man down the street from Kunugigaoka," Y/n pointed out, his voice just above a whisper. "You have no business being here."

The man had short silver hair, kind eyes that shined amber under the bright lights. His clothes were casual as he even still had the flower seller's apron on. When he smiled, it was warm and friendly. A positive aura alluded him, shaping his being and characterizing his person. He seemed unreal to Y/n.

"My name is Yukimi," the man claimed, "it's a pleasure finally meeting you. Mr. Shiro had told me great things about you, Y/n. I hope that we can get along."