⇢︎ Chapter 79 : Hates to Love

He watches them silently

He watches them silently. Staring at how they laughed and played and tried to kill their teacher once more. He stays ever silent as his eyes moves watching his classmates. The people that he cared about, the people that went on with their life like he didn't even exist.

Y/n was on a cliffside, not out of view but if people didn't look carefully, they would miss him at a glance. This was one of the very few days that Y/n was able to have a small amount of free time. He had decided that that free time would be used to watch his classmates and make sure they were doing fine. However, they were doing great.

Y/n's eyes lowered in thought as he watches as Karma, Nagisa, and Kaede played with each other. Sugino, Meahara, and Isogai were playing catch together. Terakasa and Itona were conversing with each other and their friend group to create a new machine. Chiba was practicing his aim with his gun. Everyone else was doing their own thing, going on with their life.

'Do they even notice that I'm here?' Y/n thought to himself, holding his teddy closer to his body. 'Do they even care that I'm here for them?'

As much as Y/n wanted to rundown and fall into his friend's arms, he was forbidden to do so. Even if he wanted to, he was being watched anyways. Of course, Shiro wouldn't let Y/n go on his own, thus the reason why Reaper was standing behind him with a blank mask over his face.

"It's been a few hours," Reaper commented. "You've been watching them for a long time. You can see that they're doing fine so why not do something else for your free day?"

Y/n stayed silent for a moment longer, still watching as Karma made fun of Nagisa once again. "That's the problem... They're doing fine." He reached a hand up to cover half of his face. "They're doing fine without me. I might as well have not even existed to them." He wanted to scratch his eye, which was bandaged covering half of his vision.

Reaper stayed silent. The feeling of being unwanted was foreign to him. He was born into a wealthy family with loving parents, he just chose to be a hitman. He was born loved and raised loved, even now he was so well known and everyone either feared him or hated him, he had attention.

But Y/n didn't. Y/n never got the attention he needed nor wanted. He was never hated for being who he was, but he was never loved. The adults in his life brushed him off as the kids forgotten about him. It was like Y/n was a ghost that wondered around, transparent to those around him, spooking them but never frightening them to burn into their memories.

"Reaper." The man responded by turning to Y/n. "People say that you always have a place on the Earth, whether that would be in another country or another city. Do you believe that?"

Reaper thought for a minute. He shook his head. "What people shouldn't matter to me. Even if that were true, I've already found my place in life."

Y/n stumbled a bit as he got up from his sitting position. "Then would that mean I was always destined to be with Shiro?" His gaze went up to Reaper. "Was I always destined to suffer?"