⇢︎ Chapter 53 : High Tide

Y/n had always been forced to watch on the sidelines

Y/n had always been forced to watch on the sidelines. Sometimes he didn't mind, other times he did. He wanted to show people what he could do. He wanted to prove to others that he was useful. He wanted to prove to Shiro that he wasn't a disappointment.

Y/n didn't like being on the sidelines most of the time. He hated the feeling of being a nobody. He hated the feeling of being useless and casted aside. However, he learned to be comfortable with it. He learned to ignore the aching feeling in his heart.

Most didn't know this, but Y/n enjoyed talking. He enjoyed talking about all the details about his day. He loved it when someone would listen to him, even if it is just for a second. However, he kept this to himself.

Y/n watched, observed, and waited. He watched his classmates play without him, he observed Koro-sensei when he could, and he waited for his next orders from Shiro. These were all he would do. Shiro would say that was all Y/n can do.

However, as Y/n spent his time more and more with E class, he knew his strengths, he knew his weaknesses, and he slowly adapted to them. He learned that he had keen eyes, strong legs, and the ability to hide his presence on command. He didn't do well with working with others he didn't have a bond with, he overthought too much, and knifes and daggers were never his strong suit.

With his time being spent more and more with E class, Y/n slowly yet surely drove away from Shiro and his tyranny ways. It was Y/n's idea to place a decoy sniper, it was his idea to be the decoy sniper, and it was the class's decision to have Y/n come up with a plan.

Y/n and a few others from the class all came up with a plan together. Y/n thought and overthought the plan, it was flawless, no one could possibly mess up. They were going to kill Koro-sensei once and for all, without Y/n's body having to be in use.

Y/n volunteered to be the decoy sniper. With much arguing, the class let Y/n do what he wanted. The class wanted Y/n to help in the assassination process, but Y/n argued that he can't do with water, and the plan relayed heavily on water.

So, this is why Y/n is here, in the forest away from the assassination location and a sniper in hand, his teddy in the makeshift backpack Irina made him. He looked through the scope as he could see everything happening from where he was.

"High tide..." Y/n muttered to himself, "5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

Multiple bangs were heard from the area Koro-sensei was being kept in. Koro-sensei's tentacles were gone thanks to the ones who did well in the exams. They now had five seconds before Koro-sensei regenerated.

"Time elapse: 5 seconds," Ritsu, on Y/n's phone, announced.

Not a second later the grumbling sound of a boat was heard. Y/n looked over and saw Karma driving a boat along with three others. With the rope at the end of each boat, they broke the dome that Koro-sensei was in.

"Time elapse: 35 seconds."

Y/n shifted his scope to Koro-sensei. He noticed how panicked his teacher looked. Koro-sensei, at an unreasonable speed, glanced to where Y/n was at. Y/n smirked.

"Gotcha..." Y/n whispered as if he were to speak too loud, Koro-sensei would hear him, "Keep your focus on me... Koro-sensei..."

Koro-sensei was taken by surprise again as more of his students launched up in the air, using fly-boards to enclose him with water. He couldn't escape, and he couldn't regenerate fast enough because of the water.

Y/n placed his finger on the trigger, "Perfect."

"53 seconds."

In a flash, the rest of E class surrounded Koro-sensei. They held their guns out and shot around Koro-sensei, but not purposely trying to hit him. This confused Koro-sensei even more, looking around like a lost child wanting to know what to do.

'This... This is too much!!' Koro-sensei thought to himself in a panic, 'But... I know where Y/n is, he's the shooter. Take that, children! I know your plan!'

"... You're thinking too plainly, teach," Y/n whispered to himself, as if he could read Koro-sensei thoughts, "Keep your attention on me, I'll trap you in it."

Koro-sensei felt a shiver go down his spine. He looked over to where Y/n was and noticed the shine from the scope, however that wasn't what was scaring him. It felt like he was a bug and Y/n was spinning a wed to trap him, but how? Y/n was so far away, how could he be spinning a web?!

A shine from the corner of Koro-sensei's eyes caught his attention. Before he could turn to see what it was, he was faced with two bullets, both were obviously not from Y/n. In fact, the one from Y/n was heading towards him from the other side.

Chiba and Hayami were hidden underwater. Y/n knew that having a decoy sniper meant that the class needed a real sniper, and what's better than having one shooter when you can have two? The sniper duo raised from underwater, away from Koro-sensei's senses and had raised their gun.

With Y/n's plan, his bullet, the water cage, the drastic change in environment, and the two main shooters, Koro-sensei was caught in a web. This was made specifically for him and him only.

'Oh my...' Koro-sensei thought as the three bullets neared him closer and closer at high speeds, 'Well played!'

Y/n's eyes widened when a wave of air hit him like a truck. It knocked his sniper out of his hands, and he tumbled backwards. He scrambled to get up and to see what happened, but a bright blinding flash made Y/n look away.

Y/n felt his ears ringing from the sonic boom, but through the ringing he could hear his classmate's screams. He was hit with another blast of air and was knocked over again. This time, he stayed on the ground and protected his head and neck as much as he could.

"Everyone!" Y/n cried out as he sat up, "Shit!"

Y/n scrambled to get down from his sniper spot. He threw his sniper to the side of him, the strap still around him, as he ran down to see if his classmates were okay. He would've never forgiven himself for putting his friends in danger.

'Everyone... please be okay!' Y/n thought to himself.

Sometimes, Y/n hated being on the sidelines, even when he voluntarily wanted to be there. He just hated having to watch his friends get hurt and he could do nothing about it. He would honestly become a monster than watch his friends get hurt.

A/n: I'm sorry for the late and short chapter, but I needed to get this out