Thief!

The young girl, ever since the incounter, had searched for the man all over the island. It had been a week, Jax had trained her to fight, although she wasn't built for it she pushed herself to the brim every single day, dawn until midday they would fight. The prince and the girl although not close friends, often walked around the gardens together.

"What is your gift?" Prince Serta asked me, smiling.
"What gift?"
"Your power..."
"I..." I stumbled "I don't have..." i trailed off unable to finish the sentence.
"That's alright." He reassured me although I was sure he was completely shocked. We walked In silence. A few minutes later I tried to start a conversation again.
"...What's your gift?"
"I can see things from a plants' perspective," I was about to interrupt when he cut me off, "I look at the tree, and shut my eyes, I can then see from the exact place I looked at. When I open my eyes I'm back, although if I do it for too long my vision blurs, both plant view and mine."
"That's cool!" I said, mustering the enthusiasm.
"Hey, Prince Serta-"
"You know I'm a prince?"
"Uh....yes... I do."
"How?"
"Well, I heard someone address you." It was the truth. He groaned. I cut him off.
"What I was going to say, was do you know the gardener?"
"What gardener?"
Well, I met someone in the forest a few days ago, he said he's a gardener, I was just wondering..."
"Stupid, Snatching... THIEF! uuggghhh, they always find a way to sneak-"
"Thief?"
"Yeah, trying to steal the creatures." He muttered, "no wonder the count was lower!" He continued but I stopped listening. Thief, how-... he said-... he's lied to me...stop trusting...people. I sighed. I needed to change the subject.
"You know for a prince your not very polite." I laughed. A bit taken aback he babbled,
"Well you know..." he grunted "says yourself."
"Yeah, but I don't have to be."
"Neither do I."
"What will your father say?"
"He won't." He whispered.
"Why what's wrong is h-"
"Dead." He said bluntly, the dome was in sight, he strode off leaving me in the forest. Why do I always end up in here alone?