Iron Wing

Wings spread, Ferrum swooped towards his prey. Sarkon stayed ducked behind the tree trunk, not even daring to look up.

I froze. Not from fear, or from the cold. But from magic. Pure, clean magic. Carefully, I studied it as it swam under my skin, it's movements delicate and precise.

I felt gentle sharp claws close around my torso. No matter how gentle, it held firmly. Firmly enough that my shirt ripped, allowing its cold iron claws to scrape my skin. I slowly lifted off the ground, and the wind tugged at me.
Kassa. My thoughts slipped uncontrollably. Is she safe? I scanned the ground although it was useless when I couldn't turn my head. Thankfully I saw a bright flash of her golden hair within the trees. Even if I could I wouldn't call for her, it was too risky, the dragon might take her too. At least one of us is safe.

It barely took a second before I was thrown onto the ground, still frozen. "Ferrum, guard him" her strong deep voice rippled through me like razors. It definitely didn't suit her gentle appearance. Ferrum. I had heard that name before somewhere, definitely in a different language... then it came to me, Iron. It means iron. It did suit the strong, silver dragon that stood over me.

I couldn't see as the White Blood walked away.

{<*-*>}
Kassa's POV

Bird songs rang in my ears, a small mercy that did a good job of blocking out my angered thoughts from my head. Even though I needed time away from Sarkon, my chest pulled me and begged me to go back. Tough. I told it, it would have to wait.

I glimpsed a familiar feather laying on the ground in front of me. A feathered spirit. That was where this had come from. I whistled into the soft wind, as if to call to the spirit. In return I heard an entrancing hum back. I quickened into a run and chased the sound. Steadily I made my way further and further towards it. At last, I spotted it.

I stared at it for a few seconds before realising I was not alone.
"Dad." I looked towards him.
"Kassara." He leant in to hug me tightly.
"What do I do? I don't understand-"
"Forget about all I said before, if it confuses you. Trust Sarkon for now and find the thing that's pulling on you." For now.
"What does that mean? Can't you just tell me?" I whimpered.
"This is something you have to find out on your own. Sembi will guide you. So will she." He said and rested a hand on my chest. As if in reply the warm hands traced my heart.
"Who is she?" I dared to ask. It came out in barely a whisper.
"Amaras. God of love and hope. But I think you knew that." He smiled. And then just like that, he was gone. Along with the Feathered Spirit.

Authors note:
Hi guys, I was very tired when I wrote this so If there is any mistakes please tell me. I'm going to read it again to double check tomorrow because there is no point in doing it now. Hope you enjoy and once again, thanks for reading! :)
-OldDogLady101