The Crown part 2 (Serta's POV)

The music started. The guests had filled bench after bench, until every seat was taken. But the Prince still had a few minutes.

"You'll be great." Said Jax, a tear rolled down her cheek, but she wasn't crying. "I'm sure." She told me. "King that is. Your already great." She laughed, a light blissful thing. I laughed too, because no words would come to my mouth. I smiled at her. She smiled back and hugged me again. "Go on! Or you'll miss it!" She said giving me a push towards the doors. I still faced her, a smile on my face. "You look so stupid!" She laughed. I hugged her again and kissed her cheek.
"Together. We will do this together." I told her and slipped through the doors.

applause filled the room at once and gentle music accompanied it. Slowly, I strode towards the throne. My fathers throne- my throne. There on a pillow sat the thorn crown, spinning around it green flecks of magic. Gifted from the peoples magic itself. Dana's magic would be interwoven with it too. The throne loomed closer. I wanted to turn back, but I had to do this. No other could.

Finally, I reached it. The oath was spoken, "I will." I said. And I would, I would protect the people before myself, I would battle until my last breath for Remenie. My life was now to protect this small, powerful island, no matter what threat or what army tried to stop me.

They placed the crown upon my head. Surprisingly, it was quite light. But the burden was heavier than stone.
"King Serta!" They all chanted. So I Stood tall and bowed, the magic keeping the crown on my head. I saw Dana on the front bench, her smile brighter than anyone else. So I bowed my head to her. A few people in the audience turned to face her, what girl got the kings attention? I was sure they were thinking, and their faces were priceless as they realised it was a twelve year old.

Jax was also in the front, her face now stern as she chanted 'hail the king' over and over again with a few others. Her eyes sparked brightly. All I could do was watch as they all shouted and bowed down to me.

The service ended at midday, people were scurrying to their houses to get some sleep, even in the sun they were exhausted from the ceremony. I watched the families from my chamber window. I would not take my Fathers old bedroom... not yet, not ever. It would remain empty to serve his memory. Today would be my first as king, make it count. I told myself.