Heart of Light and Fire

Light floated over the mountain peaks and dipped into the small civilisation in the well. Although Kassa was already awake, she had been for at least three hours.

Magic tugged at me. Release me. It ordered. I still didn't quite understand it. It was very double sided, it would hiss at me and send pain through me and then after it would feel like the most soft loving thing in the world. That was what reminded me of how deadly it was.

Reluctantly, I obeyed. It was safe, I had spent the past twenty minutes walking away from the village because last time I released my magic...

First came the darkness, my mothers magic. It was the most uncontrollable of the three.  It came out like a tidal wave that swept away the pine trees. Then came the Fire, my magic. It spun around my darkness, playing with it. Suddenly, it occurred to me. After watching it for a few seconds I realised my fire was acting like a barrier to the darkness. It protected the last few standing trees and it herded it up like a flock of sheep, where it couldn't destroy. I let it out.

My fire and darkness were opposites. My fire would float out of me, under my control. It didn't want to hurt me.
Darkness would tear me apart if it didn't find a way to release it.

Although I had only released my magic three times. My Fathers magic rarely showed itself. The shy golden wings would flutter inside of me, but never show. Therefore it had claimed the spot for becoming my favourite. Soon, Fire became second. After watching it dance with the wind and water it seemed so peaceful.

I hated the Black. The inky darkness only existed to ruin, to hurt, to destroy. That was why I had only dared to release it three times. I held it in until my head would spin, pain would shake my body and even then, it was a last resort.

My magic settled. The pressure eased.

By choice I kept an ember at my fingertips.

Had I made a mistake? Two nights ago I had watched the stars, all the while keeping a timid eye on Sarkon. I had grazed his face with my thumbs. But then again, he didn't flinch or back away. Maybe he shared my need to care for him. Maybe he cared for me?

The ember spun around. "Really?" I wondered aloud. The ember glowed a misty red. I sighed. The fire vanished.

"There you are." He sighed in his gruff voice. I turned. The Stallion swished his head, his wings were still out but folded into his back. Atop him sat the Yellow Blooded Warrior. "Are you alright?" His voice switched into an urgent tone. I nodded.

"I had to let my magic out." I sighed and walked towards him.

"Your shaking." He observed as I learnt into him. His hands brushed down my back.

"That's what happens, you better get used to it." I managed a laugh.

"Can... can you show me?" He whispered. I pulled back from him with a shallow nod.
Fire lit in the palm of my hand. "You can control it well."

"Not really, I just let it out so it's a bit easier." I let it swirl around his head and then it vanished. I closed my eyes and tugged on my wings inside me. N-no. It whimpered. It's alright. I assured it. Then I gently scooped it from inside of me and let the wings touch my back.

"They're beautiful." He murmured. I looked at them myself, they had turned a frosty white. "You're beautiful." His husky words were barely audible. He had repeated me from two days ago. I timidly leant back into his hard torso. A moment later he wrapped an arm around me. I felt a light kiss brush my head.