The truth of his curse

Kassa had taken a few steps into Zepter. So had the Stallion.

"Why are you still here?" I asked Sarkon.
"Don't I have the freedom to stay with you?"
"Yes ... but why."
"You know me enough by now to know I'm not going to answer that."
"Yes, Mr I'll do whatever I want, whenever I want." I laughed. The first time I had for days.
"I haven't been able to figure you out yet... what colour is your blood?" Sarkon asked me.
"That's why your still here! If you had just asked me-"
"I'm asking you now." He purred. I tried to think of a colour that might suit me.
"My blood runs blue." I lied. And he seemed to know because he cut my palm with a short knife. My blood ran red, as it had done all my life. I should have been able to stop him...but I just wasn't quick enough.
"Red." He mused. "How?"
"What do you mean how? I didn't dye it."
"Is that an actual...thing?"
"I...don't know." I tried to change the subject. "So what's your power then?" He turned away and looked at the floor
"You know. I'm immortal."
"Is that part of 'Yellow Blood' powers?" I wondered. He sighed, a long deep sigh. Big lung capacity... shut up and listen.
"No. It's not. If I tell you this, you won't ask questions." Not a question. "When I was young ... and greedy and arrogant and-"
"As much as I like to hear you speak about yourself with those words, I get the gist." I kicked myself for interrupting but he continued.
"When I was young, around... 20, I struck a bargain with an old man. He wore a hood and long cloak so I never saw his face... he told me that i could have forever, to live with no interruptions.I could have the complete bliss of living forever. That I could become immortal. So I agreed...Before I heard the price. Of corse becoming immortal had a price, but I barely heard as he told me that he would take my powers... and my wife's powers," I shuddered, I could not picture him with a wife at all especially at 20! But I let him continue. "My wife was very powerful, she was life itself, had the ability to grow, to birth. That was why I married her. I was caught up in her power, her strength. So of course for me it wasn't a problem when I sold her to an old man with too much power for his own good ... my power... wasn't as good as living forever, or so I thought." He crouched and sifted the dirt through his fingers. "So I gave that to him as well." He cleared his throat that had gone horse. "I am currently four hundred and fifty six years old. I started to hate my curse around when I hit one hundred. It wasn't worth living with nothing to live for. So I tried to break the curse, searching for the man, and when I didn't find him... I tried to kill myself." Of course! That's why he sounded so... grave when he mentioned the hell hunters that tried to meet their God before the time came... "I tried many times, but somehow I couldn't. At first I couldn't bring myself to, then I did but I didn't bleed... didn't die. After seven years of searching and bleeding I stopped, and I started to embrace the eternal darkness I had." The story came to an abrupt end.I thought it through, replaying the story in my head. No one spoke after that for a good while.