Hunting party (Serta)

Thankfully, more survivors emerged, one by one. They had a count of 198, unfortunately a day before 34 survivors were blown to bits in an explosion. Remenie wasn't safe anymore, Yellow Bloods had stolen it and now riddled it's streets, even deep in the woods was a sketchy place to be, Jax had now killed four Yellow Blood Warriors who had posed a threat to the helpless families, she hadn't come out without a scratch though, her limp grew worse each day and her wrist wasn't going to heal itself. Unlucky for her, no healers travelled with them, their dome roofed housed had all been blown up, along with the healers inside them.

Dawn had arrived too early this morning, I had been hunting in the woods to feed the families when the sun crept through the slits in the leaves. It was so bright I had to close my eyes for a minute. I killed three wallows, a dumb useless creature that had a pigs snout and a squirrels body. An easy catch if you can find them. It was certainly not enough to feed all of the survivors, so I kept going. I had split from the rest of the hunting group to be alone, and hopefully be quieter so there is more chance of me not scaring away the animals. It tore something inside of me to kill them, when I was a toddler I used to get lost in the woods and friendly creatures would guide me back.

I paused and closed my eyes. Turning, falling, I stretched into the eyes of a tree. I looked at my own body, limp and vacant, my eyes were still closed. I squinted searching for anything that wouldn't be so bad to eat. Deep amongst a pile of leaves slept a renguard, it's fuzzy tail twitching and it's small eyes squeezed tightly shut. I zoomed back into my body and grabbed my bow, steadily I walked towards where I had seen the renguard. I pulled back, the string of the bow stretching back further and further. My fist released and it's tail twitched no more.

I searched all over the forest with my powers to find the rest of the hunting group. Luck came shortly and I spied Jax, Gwin, Grace and Finnic. I broke through a branch towards them.

"Serta!" Gwin called. "Got anything?" He asked.
"Wallows, Squirrels and a renguard." I shouted back.
"Quiet," hissed Jax who was aiming her bow at something "you'll scare all the game away!" She finished and shot a scowl at me. I ignored her.
"What have you hauled?" I asked Gwin. In reply he hoisted up two brown sacks tied with a double knot. He smiled at me.
"Won't have anything if you don't shut up." I heard Jax mumble. Finnic, who had obviously heard too sniggered. He turned to face me and held up a huge adult calbay.
"Perfect." I smiled, being away from everyone seemed to have restored my high spirits. Jax gave up and cursed under her breath. I laughed at her. She stalked over to me and hit me over the head.
"Idiot." She muttered and walked past me to her full bag of food. The grin stayed on my face.