PART FOUR

This is the final part and will probably be quite short.

Ubunto

Riding back into Remenie sent a wave of anxiety through me. Would it be how I remembered it? Would she still be there? Time seemed to slow as I hopped off my horse in the middle of the jungle a few miles away from Remenie. Butterflies swarmed around my stomach as I made my way back home.

That's what Remenie was; my home. I hadn't been born there, and my family didn't live there but I'd spent most of my childhood there, with Amber. This fact did nothing to ease my nerves.

My footsteps echoed around the jungle and I tried to conceal my shock as a branch snapped behind me. I spun, raising my arms.

"Ubunto?" It was Deane, a guard I recognised from just before I'd left. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to see Amber. Is she still here?" There was an unfamiliar note of desperation to my voice. Dean looked at his feet,

"Nothings there anymore Ubunto. Remenie's gone."

///

Kassa

The power screamed inside of me. My eyes flashed open.

"Kassa?"

Sarkon was next to me.

"Kassa are you okay?"

No.

Where was Aureus?

I nodded in response to Sarkon's question. He knew it was a lie as much as I did.

It was getting worse. My power was taking over, I couldn't contain it for much longer. I needed to leave, to go to the world that I'd seen in my dreams. But I couldn't. I didn't want to leave. I had to get rid of the powers before I became too dangerous. Maybe I was already too dangerous.

I heard the gentle flapping of Aureus' wings and the voices receded into the back of my mind. For now, they were gone.

Written by OldDogLady101's sister :)