The Girl with the Flames

The girl paced around her room, she had packed that night but wasn't planning on leaving yet. The prince and Jax, the captain of the force, decided their plan of attack. Yellow bloods threatened to take over Remenie, their home island they must defend it at all costs.

Quickly I left my room to go to the training room. I needed to test my skills to see if I was ready to leave. A Girl with red hair was swinging swords at an imaginary target. She was younger than me, but her skills were almost at my standards. Maybe even better. I watched her spin and slice her target, as quick as a cheetah. She was born for this. Ok a lot better, I've seriously misjudged her.
"Are you going to come in or just stand in the doorway?" Her silky voice (which I was positive she normally used) turned husky and annoyed. I walked towards her and asked how she became so... fluent. "I've trained since I was 9 I'm now 12. Plus I had a good trainer." While speaking she kept leaping off the floor to deliver fatal blows with her knife.
"Who trained you?"
"Ubunto. A foreign boy. He was only 13. But he was good. Very good. He's the best trainer I've ever met." Her voice changed into the soft tone I predicted she uses. But it was soft. Her face back in her past. Remembering. She stood frozen, turned sideways. Her eyes gazing at the floor, but not seeing anything.
"How did you find him?" I broke her trance.
"He found me. I was 8 wandering the lands of the Fasaful Desert. I haven't eaten for days, but I had a water bottle, I had found it before I entered, it was full but probably old and infected. I drank it anyway. When he found me I'm sure I was ill and pale. But he took me back. I woke on a warm bed and found him on a couch nearby. He had saved my life. Why he was in the desert I'm still not sure. All I know is that if he hadn't had been there. I wouldn't be here." He face, contemplating. "When I turned nine we knew each other well. He said he would train me and he did. When I was eleven he had to leave. I don't know where but he had to. I found my way here, where he said they would look after me. Ever since that day I've trained, to remind myself of him." She turned away. I was sure I saw a tear on her cheek.
"How would I find him?" I'd obviously asked a stupid question for she turned back glared at me and snapped:
"If I knew where he was you think I'd still be here? On this stupid island! You think I haven't tried to find him? Every single day I wake up in a warm bed ... and he's not on the couch." Her voice broke. I regretted asking. She stormed out. Her hair like flames behind her.

I tried to replicate her moves. Tried to train like her. Maybe I did need time. But that was the only thing I couldn't have.