Needs For Evacuation (Serta)

Hundreds of  Yellow bloods had broken through Remenie's forces, they had unleashed more of their warriors upon the island, even Jax and the King didn't see it coming. The civilians had no protection left, they had started to loose numbers, rapidly.

It seems Amagra was not on my side.

My people were dying on my watch, I must be the worst King yet I had barely lasted two weeks and my people were dying. So many lives lost. So little time to help them all.

Jax was trying to round up the people and take them to safety, deep in the woods. Hopefully then some might have a fighting chance at survival.

I put the letter that had basically informed me that Reminie would be gone in a day, down of the table. I sighed.

"Your majesty, we need to evacuate you to safety." A guard grunted with a bow. I sighed.
"I'll stay until the end." Was all I said, it's what my father would have done. The guard gave an understanding nod.
"Majesty." He muttered as he left, shutting the door behind him.

I rushed to the first house and helped the people escape to the woods. I did that twenty times until I spotted Dana's house.
"Serta! Serta, we have to go! They're going to bomb us! We have to go! SERTA!" Dana shouted and pulled me into the woods, I wasn't listening. All those people dying. As Dana hurled me through the trees I glimpsed the fires of the bombs that blasted my home into oblivion. No...

A few people joined us as we ran, 'The King!' They were shouting, although there wasn't much I could do for them now.

"Jax." I whispered. Finally I snapped back into reality. "Jax! I have to get Jax." I shouted loud enough for Dana to hear me over the chaos.
"Ok. Meet me by the monkeys." She told me, I furrowed my brows but then understood.
"What monk-" I heard someone say, but I was gone before they could finish their sentence.

"JAX!" Find her. "Jax!" I screamed again, rushing to where I saw her last.

At last I heard her familiar panicked voice. "Serta!" She called. Thank goodness! I sagged with relief.
"Jax!" I hugged her, then pulled back. "We have to go." She nodded and followed me, the family that she was rescuing followed too. If I had lost her...

I was still running when I spotted Dana and about twelve others sitting exactly where we first saw the monkeys in the woods a few days ago, it felt like years.

"Serta." Dana murmured and came to hug me. She was so short, her head only came up my ribs. I still felt her tears roll down my tunic. No. It had to be bad if Dana was crying. No.
"Don't." I whispered. "Don't cry."