Healers (Serta)

Four Days had passed.

Serta and the survivors had found refuge on an island, some Green Bloods had used their magic to allow them to cross their waters. The continent was different to their home, the fields were long and empty and the air was feral. They had slept in a huge cave big enough for all of them. A pair of green bloods used their moss powers to create blankets of soft ground like sleeping rugs. Others had twisted vines from the ceiling to create barriers to keep some sort of privacy amongst them. The good thing was all the green bloods were helping to make the experience better for all of them.

Three more days went by.

Serta travelled by horse. He had stolen the wild mare from the forest that was now burning on the horizon. Their home was burning. His home was burning. But he had found civilisation. A small village was tucked away in the steeper half of a hill. The houses weren't strong but the hill sheltered them. In that village lived a small group of healers, they had all been kicked out by their families or had been born here. Some had entirely different stories about their past, Serta hadn't the time to hear them all. Serta had met someone special. She was a young healer called Rosanne Heurt.

Moss tickled my blistered feet. I had gone shoeless since yesterday, I had out grown them and now I walked around with bare feet. To be completely honest I quite liked it. The freedom, the way the leaves crunched underneath them.
"I can fix them you know." Said a soft voice from behind me. I laughed. I wanted nothing less than to suffer the complete embarrassment of someone healing my blisters, let alone Roseanne.
"Thank you, but I decline." I turned and smiled at her. Her pale skin was ruined by a scar that ran from her ear to her eyebrow, underneath that lay her green specked eyes. Roseanne just nodded, her shy smile glazing her faded pink lips. The healers worked on the wounded in return for nothing. I still didn't understand why, but they hadn't demanded anything. They had just seemed happy enough to see someone other than themselves, after all there was no one within a ten mile radius of their village at least.
"Roseanne, tell me someday how you got that scar. It's a good one to keep." I chuckled.
"Hmm. Maybe." Her eyes sparkled.

As I walked around the cave I spotted a healer in the corner, she was writing.
"Do you have paper?" I asked. Although the answer was obvious she understood.
"Yes of course, do you want some? Here." She spluttered and tore of a page for me. I thanked her and found a piece of coal from the fire to write with. Hurriedly, I found a seat and began to write the letter. At first the words wouldn't come, the blank page just stared at me. Then I looked at my people, the cold prickling my feet all the while, and it came to me.