Lonely

Dana and Serta were speaking in harsh whispers. Everybody had found a place to sleep and settle in the camp. With rags or clothes to lie on and fires every few feet, most people kept their mouths shut. After all this was the first time that they had rested in weeks. At least they could lay their head down and actually shut their heavy eyelids. The guards swapped places every few hours, because it wasn't much protection if a guard was asleep on watch.

"I didn't realise we were travelling all this way to be incinerated by some maniac! I though you said she was good! And what? You simply forgot to mention that she was travelling with a yellow Blood Warrior! Way to get us killed!"

"Frankly I didn't know Kassa had brought along a warrior and- she's changed ok?!"

"Maybe you just didn't know her at all. I just- I can't believe you'd let him stay! Look around you! All these survivors, barely hanging on by a thread, and you now step on that and rub it in their faces with him?"
Dana snapped. She was now thirteen, I guess that explained why she was so irritated. "Those monsters killed my brother!" But then again, maybe I was wrong.

"I was wrong about her, ok! I didn't realise she- the Kassa I knew was powerless and thoughtful." What if Kassa had been lying this whole time. She seemed fine in her letter....... Then again that had been ages ago. "Somethings happened to her. I just know it."

"Maybe look around you and notice it might have something to do with him!....And Tasha... just. I'm going to bed." I watched Dana storm of to her mother. She used her magic to draw leaves around herself. I looked away. I was so confused. Just acting in the present since she'd arrived. I needed to think things through.

Kassa had arrived with a Yellow Blood. She now has powers. Jax has a girlfriend. Tasha is a Yellow Blood as well. Dana said she'd help Kassa but is now pissed that she's here. It could have- it has something to do with her brother. I feel... I feel confused. What has happened these past months. It honestly could have been a year, I hadn't been counting The days. I felt left behind, everyone had seemed to move on. Even Dana was now with Finnic all the time, and when we talked it was often arguing.

I guess I had Roseanne. I could block myself out of this... box. A box that started with a sad song, that Kassa had sung. And a few training sessions with Jax. And war. And a Prince.

Maybe I should throw that box away.

And so I took it step by step to Roseanne.

She smiled.

I smiled.

I kissed her.

"I love you." I said.

She kissed me.

And she didn't have to tell me.

I just knew.