Serta's POV

Kassa had left, the Prince hadn't come to know her well but Jax did, and Jax missed her dearly. The Prince had more pressing matters on his hands to be worrying about Jax so he went to his Chambers to plan.

I'd always hated planning, It was always so tedious. But it had to be done or consequences would follow. That was always the case, no matter what decision I made I would be ridiculed for it. So I jotted down dots that were the equivalent of Duos and Quads and 'The Power Line.' The yellow bloods were merciless, killing and slaughtering my people like stalks of wheat, they had advanced into our borders and started tearing down towns, house by house. I planned for the whole morning and gave the orders out to Jax who sorted the men into the correct positions. Meanwhile I went into the woods to visit my fathers grave. Timidly, the pond rippled it's hello towards me. I knelt on the moss, the dampness seeping in through my trousers. I placed my head on the ground too, bowing down as low as I could, and then I prayed.
"Amagra, God of Guidance, riddles and journeys. I ask for your forgiveness, for I know I have been wrong in the past, and I am striving to put that behind me, I hope you will do the same. I also ask you to guide me, to show me what to do, like you always have, for I am to become a King. I believe I cannot do it alone, like my Father did because I am not worthy of such a title, it's the peoples choice to crown me and despite my opinions, that is what is going to happen. Please listen to these words, because if you don't..." I went into a whisper, "I think I will make a grave mistake." I ended. I was going to become King. I fell from my knees to the soft, cold ground. Where I lay for a long time.
"A very unique thing to do Prince Serta." Dana sniggered. I shot up and tried to wipe the pink from my cheeks.
"Errr." I couldn't think of anything reasonable that might explain why I was lying on the ground so I cleared my throat. "What are you doing out here Dana?" I flipped her unspoken question. I tried desperately to wipe off the dirt from my tunic, which had changed from golden to a deep brown.
"Looking for Jaguars." She explained. I had never seen a Jaguar here before. "But lucky for me, instead I found you!" She beamed at me. Dana was twelve, which made her younger than me by three years. Dana had blond curly fair hair that framed her beautiful face that was turned light pink at her cheeks. She was smiling as always, smiling so much it reached her auburn eyes.
"Good luck trying to find them, they tend to stay hidden." I told her. Trying to be as nice as possible, because if you ruin Dana's smile... the day gets a whole lot worse.
"Come with me! Come with me! Then we can find them together!" Dana gave me her 'puppy eyes.' She acted a whole lot younger than her age. "Pleeeeeaaseeeee." She whined. I couldn't bring myself to say no to her.
"Ok let's go!" I said mustering up as much enthusiasm as I could. Dana thought of me as an older brother, she never bothered calling me Prince or bowing, but I preferred it that way... some small sense of reality. I didn't let myself call her my sister though, it was too hard.
My evening seemed to disappear as soon as it had appeared, for I found myself searching for Jaguars in the forest with a twelve-year-old. Jax was so going to tease me about this.