Not Anymore

Kassa lay on a snowy bench, not even feeling the wind's coldness. She turned onto her side, her face scrunched up like a crumpled piece of paper. She flipped over again and kicked her legs in the air. Her breathing became ragged, and her muscles were tensed. Kassa wouldn't stay still, she was now sideways and clawing at her head.

The pressure was immense. The pain, unbearable. A whisper in my head,
Kassa. It repeated, and it lasted for what felt like years, echoing around in the darkness. Kassa! It was stronger, but the pain ceased me again and I rolled around, feeling cold sweat on my neck. Kassa! Listen. Pain, pain, pain. It was all I could feel, think, do, breath.
"Arggg!" I knew I was screaming, I didn't care.
Kassa, listen. It will go away. It said. "Argggg, get it out!" I wasn't sure if my voice was still intact but I screeched anyway. It will. Listen. I panted. "I AM LISTENING!"

Follow the thread. At first all I could do was toss in the darkness. Then I understood as I saw the small thread of light. I reached for it. I let it pull me through a small light dot. A star.

All the pain flew away. The pressure, a small, dull throb in the back of my head. I opened my eyes. A silhouette appeared in-front of me, it was neither male nor female. Neither tall nor short. Neither dark nor light. Kassa. I will answer you questions. I sensed a 'but' but it never came. You wonder why you have red blood. You wonder why everybody seems to hide from it. From you. Let me show you. It said, and a flash of colour blinded me. I was staring at the silhouette, yet it wasn't... there was no other way of explaining.

It pulled back the 'cloak' that blinded me and revealed its hand. A knife cut a small line on its palm. A red stain dribbled slowly from the cut. I am a God. Was all it said.

Long ago, I walked your planet. People called me 'red stain.' Now, there are only stories. Silence, then I spoke.

"I am... a God?" It was a question, yet I knew the answer. It seemed to know I did too, as there was no reply.
That is why you have these powers. You aren't a full God, that is why the more it grows, the more of a danger you become. You need to find a way to come to us. Here you do not pose a threat, to you, your love ones and your planet. You need to discover them all. Only then will you be able to access this world.
"My magic? I have more. If I don't discover it, then it won't be a threat..."
Kassa. Trust us. There is no loop hole in this. You must.
"Aureus, what... how..."
Your Eirth bond is essential. She can share your pain.
"What will happen to her? Why... why me? Why you? Why this?" I shouted. "What do I do?"
Find your full potential and reach our world. Use Aureus and don't fail.
I knew the consequences If I did fail.
"Umm. One thing. Is... is Serta... linked to this... whole thing...?" My voice was muffled and distant, but it heard. I had to ask, it felt right to meet up, it felt right to ask. It felt right.
Go back.

And I was thrown back to my twisted body, the pain returning, a hot brand to my blood.  I had asked those questions because I would not be afraid, and I wouldn't let myself be like everybody else, because I had read fantasy books, I had seen stories. But this was real. I was a God. I had a 'quest.' And I was very, very confused. I wanted to believe it was a dream, it was. But it was a real dream. And now... now... now what?

Authors Note:
Hi, you probably have lots of questions, or like me you are really confused! Well, yeah. You better get used to it. Just go with the flow, stay with me on this. 😂 Yeah, Thanks for reading! 😅

-OldDogLady101