Sarkon

A cold tear had dropped into the dark depths below. The drip barely made a sound.

Something inside of him had snapped when she dropped, like a stone into a pond. The snap had made himself let go and jump further down to grab her. He had missed. The scream she released had pounded in his head. But she grabbed a weak chunk of rock. Sarkon had hissed her name, why did she do that to him! He hated her. hated her for dropping, hated her for slipping, hated her for making him care. Most of all hated her for making him stick out his hand towards her like a simple mortal. He pleaded her, had hoped she was to shocked to notice, but he had pleaded her again, and again. "Trust me." Grab my hand! Please don't fall... please don't fall.

It was then she started silently sobbing. A hares breath away from death, but instead of grabbing his hand, she cried. Sarkon was shocked. So shocked his normally neutral face had shown it. Sarkon's eyes were wide, and his lower jaw had detached itself from his clenched teeth and had hung down, leaving his mouth open. Her eyes were closed, but tears still rolled down her cheeks in small water beads. trust me!
"Grab my hand, please Kassa." Sarkon had whispered, but she was close enough to hear... if she was listening. Don't cry! Trust me... Please.

Sarkon heard the rock crack. He heard the piece crumble to the cliffs floor. He couldn't reach her. Only she could grab his hand.
"Kassa, grab my hand, your going to fall. Listen to me! Kassa, please just listen to me!" Her eyes remained shut and her face still emotionless, except for the fraction of sorrow and pain. Please...

The rock cracked again. Screw it. Sarkon moved as quick as an asp. Every rock beneath his hands and feet broke, but not before he had moved on. He had swung off the cracked stone that was holding Kassa and dropped several meters. Just before with one arm he pulled himself onto a ledge. With Kassa in his arms he shuffled away from the edge and placed Kassa in a sitting position, back against the wall. Sarkon had risked his life. Idiot. You are an idiot!

The pressure in his veins exploded. His mouth burst open, shouting a long, colourful list of swear words. Idiot.