Rabbit Holes, and Dark Chasms.

They had to go to the bottom of the cliff. At least that was what the Warrior had told Kassa. He had said more enemies were hiding above, waiting for an ambush. So they had scaled the cliff edge. The warrior could do it in his sleep, but stayed behind to help Kassa.

My breaths were ragged. Sarkon lead the way. I was good at climbing, but when there was sure death if I fell, every move seemed to be as hard as the last. We had got half way. Still a tremendous drop to the harsh stone floor. Luckily stalactites of rock jutted out of the uneven edges, so I could find hand holds pretty easily.

Rock cracked. And suddenly my foot wasn't standing on anything. My hands slipped out of their hand holds because they couldn't carry my whole weight. I fell. In amongst the chaos I heard Sarkon growl my name, a loud harsh sound. I gripped onto a jagged piece of cracked stone. This was not going to support my whole weight for long.
"Kassa." Shocked at how close he was I looked up to see his hand. Strong. Waiting. "Hold onto me." He growled through his teeth. "Trust me." I was going to. Until he said that. Trust me. It echoed through the deathly silence of the chasm. My mind wizzed elsewhere.
'...Keep being careful, and trust no one, ok?' My Dad's words embedded themselves in my brain. What was I doing with a Yellow Blood Warrior? Far away I heard a muffled plea, that if I had been focussed my legs would have gave way and I would have grabbed his hand and dammed my worries, but I wasn't.
"Trust me." The muffled voice pleaded. But I couldn't. My brain had hopped down the rabbit hole and there was no going back.

'Trust no one.' My dads face was perfect. His eyes glinting at me like a star. I flashed through the memories and I finally realised I had started to cry.