The Whole Story (Sarkon)

Sarkon, the Yellow Blood Warrior, sat with Kassa on a wooden bench. Kassa had her back to him and she was hugging her legs close to her chest. Dawn came in a wrap of grey and white tones that swarmed the black sky and drowned out the stars. Until all that was left of Yesterday was the silent icy wind. It started hailing, the white bombs hitting the two on the bench with little force.

"Sarkon." The sound was dry and scratchy. I let her take her time. "I want to go home." I thought over her words, home. I never had a home, well... not for a long time now.

"Where do you need to go?" I had met her in a valley, the valley of Blade and Bone. The valley where I saved Kassa from Blue Bloods. Blue bloods that, if I had not been there, they would have... when I was in sound range of their words, i was almost sick.

I did not know her past. Only her present. She only knew mine too, except for that one story, but I liked it that way. No complications, no twisted stories that meant some sort of emotion as the aftermath.

"I... I don't know." Kassa murmured and finally faced me. She didn't have a home either.

The hail turned to rain that smoothed down our hair and soaked our clothes, but I wasn't cold and it didn't look like Kassa was struggling either.
"Sarkon. I need to tell you something. It's a long story. But... I need to say." My stomach twisted, but it was my turn to listen. "Before you found me, I was in Remenie. It is a magical place where Green Bloods lived, it's surrounded by a beautiful wood that has many magical creatures. There is a... feathered Spirit. Long story short, the spirit allowed me to see my Father... he said I had to go to Zepter, where we are now. I still don't fully understand myself, but a... voice in my head told me to go up the mountain. We met the white bloods, I discovered my powers. And now." She sighed and thought for a moment, then continued. "I need to discover the rest, using Aureus, The White Dragon, but then I don't know. But I do so want to meet up with Jax and King Serta-"

"Hold on, King?" I regretted blurting that but Kassa just rolled her eyes. The most emotion I'd seen her use, I smiled to myself.

"Jax is Captain of the force in Remenie, Serta is the King and a friend. Frixy is a chef there and I didn't really meet anyone else. Except Amber. I have a theory that... it doesn't matter." She stared into the rain. "Serta sent me a letter. It said that... Yellow Bloods... have invaded Remenie, some died and now they're living in a village over the river with healers." She winced, looking to me for a reaction. She stared at my face for a few seconds then rushed. "I'm not-I'm not blaming you-I just- I'm just telling-are you alright?"

"It's fine. It's what they do." They. They, because I wasn't them, I wasn't a destroyer or a killer. Maybe I once was... but not anymore.

"Sarkon..."