Visions

Kassa read the letter that had finally been delivered from Serta. Elsewhere, Sarkon tried to find out more about the White Bloods and their weird ways of living. He had started by spying on a few people in the huts, a family talked about their food stock for the winter, which Sarkon listened to through gritted teeth. The Stallion galloped with his new herd and grew accustomed to them, he was respected as leader and was enjoying his new home the best he could.

Excitement tiptoed through me and I started on the first line:

Kassa,

I know we didn't speak much, but I am desperate to hear about your travels. I don't mean to lie, but to be truly honest that's not the reason I'm writing this.
You'll be pleased to know shortly after you left I was crowned King. It was quite a responsibility at first but it got easier.
At that time Yellow Bloods were slowly breaking our forces, and even with Jax as Captain of the Force there was nothing we could do.
After barely two weeks they broke us completely and bombed Remenie. We managed to save a few and find shelter in the woods, but most of us perished in the fires.
Despite the sad news, we are safe and have found some healers that have healed the wounded and helped us get through it.
I hope this letter finds you. Wish you the best,

Serta.

"Oh, no." I whispered aloud. Dread and worry curled up and purred like a cat inside me. I just sat down on the cold cave floor staring into nothingness and chewed on the words King Serta had informed me.

{<*-*>}
Sarkon's POV

Boredom had made me wonder away from the huts I had eavesdropped on. The feisty White Bloods caused for lengthy arguments that I was not intending on hearing.

I decided to climb a small mountain and watch from above. As my feet trudged through the snow, I wondered about how easy it would have been in my lynx form. The way the snow would tingle on my paws and the wind would curve over my fur. My old magic was a gift I would give anything to have it. Monster. The scream was deafening, my mind raced.
Not to me.
I tightly closed my eyes and a vision hit me.
Kassa was standing like a ghost next to me, yet it wasn't her at all. A wedding ring jutted out on her finger, the rock too big to make it pretty. There, in front of me, stood the old man that I wanted to hurt so badly. I was saying yes, I was giving everything to him-everyone. That was when Kassa opened her mouth.
'You'd do that to me?' She whimpered, so real yet completely fake at the same time. 'To me?' A silver tear dripped from her eyelashes. 'Monster!' She cried as she was pulled toward the old man, fading away as she went. 'Monster!' She echoed.
In the vision I smiled. I sneered at her as she left. The monster inside of me ripping through the masking tape that was barely holding it inside.
Far away I felt my body go limp.