Explanations

Once again dawn arrived and Elise and Kassa met on the other side of a mountain where the land had flattened out. They had met yesterday and Elise had agreed to teach Kassa how to control her magic. She started with a drill.

Fire pulsed around my fingers, jumping from one to the other. Thumb. Finger. Thumb. Finger. Elise had told me to practice this small exercise, she said it helped me release my magic slowly and in a more controlled environment. I hadn't dare do it with my darkness, Elise had scolded me and said it defeated the point. "Good. Your getting better." She told me, but her face was set into a scowl as always.

"Elise, can you tell me something."
"Yes. What?" Her reply was harsh, but by now I was used to it.
"What did the dragon do?" I asked her. "How did it... do it."
"Right. Well..." she went silent for a bit, then closed her eyes and concentrated.

Iron claws and razor wings clicked on the stone, metallic scales plated like armour onto him. The dragon cocked his head and peered at me with blood red eyes. A shiver rocked my balance. "Ferrum is bonded to me, we call it the Eirth Bond. We share our powers and understand each other. Our souls are linked in a way we do not understand. The Eirth Bond is uncommon and very special." She looked back to me. "The White Dragon, as we call her, has no magic. We have never heard of such a thing. She doesn't tend to show herself often. That's when she started flying around our base, I knew something was wrong." She looked into the sky as if to find The White Dragon, yet no wing flapped. "When you came along I read your soul," I was about to interrupt her but she held up a hand to stop me so I let her continue. "It matched the female, and I knew I had to test it. We call her the White Dragon, but your bond with her will give you the permission to fully give her a title, like I did for Ferrum, my iron hearted dragon." She smiled at the beast beside her. "My people would have killed you if it weren't for the Eirth Bond..." she closed her eyes once again. "It is against our law to hurt anyone who bares such a bond. And the very few people who are lucky enough to get it, are treated with respect." I almost scoffed. Ferrum, the iron dragon, flared his nostrils and a bundle of frost tumbled in the air. "We both share our powers, but we treat them with respect." She finished.
"So... how would I find her." I asked the beautiful White Blood.
"If she wants to be found, you'll find each other." Was her only reply.
"Do you ride Ferrum?"
"He wants to be flown, and he gave me permission. Never abuse her." She shot back at me. Got it. I thought. "If you don't practice your magic will never get better." She reminded me and I resumed my work.

Three hours later I walked back to the cave Elise had told me and Sarkon to stay in. In the cave mouth, on the cold floor lay a small, ripped piece of paper. With shaky hands I picked it up. It was a letter, addressed to me. The recognisable name at the bottom made me smile. Serta.