Why?

Kassa pondered every question in her head, but she was not going to ask them now, or maybe ever. Sarkon remembered his story as vividly as if he re-lived every moment. They both rested on trees, as if now they were at Zepter they were safe, and had nothing else to do. Kassa wished it was over, her journey, she wished she could sleep for years, and when she finally woke up, maybe a Yellow Blood Warrior might, just might be beside her.

It had been hours since Sarkon said anything, I wondered what he was thinking. I know I had a lot to think about myself...
Who was the man?
Was Sarkon ok after that?
What was Sarkons powers?
What happened to his wife?
There was one more question I was too afraid to ask myself, and I hated myself for it.
"I know your thinking it, and I know..." his voice raw. But I didn't know what I was meant to be thinking, he answered that question for me, "I know I'm a horrible, stupid, monster. I'm a monster to sell my wife away. I'm a monster to be that ... greedy, that arrogant. So think it all you want, because I know. And I think it too." I knew he was going to continue but I stopped him.
"I wasn't thinking that at all." I whispered, "Your not a monster, well not to me. I didn't think that at all." A tear stung my eye. I was thinking the complete opposite, and the question wrecked me from the inside out.
Why do I love him?
After everything my dad taught me. After everything I've done. After everything he's done. How, when he told that story did I feel jealous when he mentioned his wife. Why did I want to go up to him and comfort him? I hated myself, but no matter what I thought or told myself ... it was true. When I had awoken from out of my memories and he was there, my heart had skipped a beat. When he saved me from the blue bloods, I had wanted to hold him, and tell him that when I looked away it took all my might not to check if he was still there. That was why it was always the same question,
Why are you still here?
I had had to know, because I couldn't face the journey without him. And after all that there was another question... one which threatened to knock me off my feet. It scared me to the core.
Does he love me?