Trusting and Holding Onto Life

The Girl was not so young anymore. Her face was worn, and her eyes told a story. A story of love, pain, fear, war and peace. The shadows beneath her eyes showed how worn, and tired she felt. Sarkon dragged her out. Tugging at her life. The White Dragon, Aureus, had crept up up over them and tried to control Kassa's, and their power.

I held her limp body in my arms.

It was a lie. They always tell that Wars are loud and deafening. But all I heard was silence. Or the thinning screams that sometimes hit into me.

I tried to forget. I tried to forget all the things Kassa had told me. All the lies or stories I didn't want to know in the first place.

I put her lips close to my ear. I heard the faint strain of breath. I saw her chest rise, so slightly. "Kassa!" I think I shouted, It was all so blurry and half finished I couldn't define what was happening.

A small noise crept through my discombobulated brain. She knew.

I looked up. But in all the confusion of War, all I could do was watch. Watch and see, as the people dropped like seeds in soil. I felt the darkness before I saw it. The way it ripped through the Violet Blood's souls. The way it shredded though, person after person.

But it halted every now and then. It glitched. Lagging slightly, it would look strained and pause its rampage for a moment.

It showed someone was still in there. Still trying to hold it back. What was she thinking? She'd just decided to leave. To plunge into battle, power at the ready. She then went white, and power took over. Feeding it's way through the Violet Bloods. And the Black, sometimes...If they got in the way.

I felt a pinch on my shoulder. I felt the cold claws. And then Aureus took us away. Power staying behind, as far as I could see.
"Stop! She's-help! Aureus! ...Wait." My voice changed from panicked to defeated. Why was I panicked? Away from the War is good.

(*-*<->)
Serta POV:

As I approached, Seraphina held Zoe behind her protectively. King Serta, 'What are you doing? You have a task! Don't loiter on these nobody's. Go through the mist! It's better over there!' Amagra danced in. I kicked her out. She'd done that a lot recently.

"Please. We'd like to help. But I don't know to trust you. Seraphina, what are you doing here?" I tried to sound 'Kingly' hopefully one day I'd get the hang of it.

"We've evacuated the war. I swear it, we're good. We just need shelter and help. Please understand! King Serta, we beg for your hospitality."

I heard the whispers behind me, but I didn't listen to them. We're good. It hit me hard in the chest. Maybe I was to trusting. Maybe not. But I couldn't stop as I walked close enough to rest a hand on Seraphina's shoulder.

" I swear to you, if you keep your word, you will be safe with us."

"-Thank you! Thank you!" She bowed. "Zoe is in need of a healer." She stopped to scan the group behind me.

"Yes!" Roseanne called as she stepped forward.

Night came shortly. Everyone else seemed busy, meeting the newbies and all. Except for me. Dana and I.

"Your a good King Serta. Really good. But... I... I don't trust them. I think they're up to something." She laughed and raised one eyebrow suspiciously. And so, our mini debate began.