31 - Struggling

You trudged toward the familiar place, Midoriya right behind you. The internships had begun early that morning and you were all sent off with your hero costumes and a form to give the hero you interned with.

"Good morning," you smiled, waving at the owner of a stall.

"Y/N it's been a while!" He grinned in response. "U.A internships, huh? I hope I'll see you around again!"

"Y/N-Sama that's the 10th person you've greeted just on this street," Midoriya whispered, anxiously waving at someone.

"This is my hometown, I know many here," you explained, to which his jaw dropped.

Under normal circumstances, he would've shrugged it off. However, you were in the middle of the Musutafu prefecture, arguably in the most expensive district of it as well.

"I forgot how rich you are," Midoriya sighed, shaking his head as he clutched his backpack.

You nodded, lips pursed as you climbed up the stairs leading to a seemingly abandoned house. The door was already slightly open so you walked in, for he was a good friend of you and your mother.

"He- he's dead!" Midoriya squealed as he saw the elderly man lying on the floor, red liquid around him.

"I'm alive," he grinned in response, merely lifting his head up.

"He's alive!" The greenette screeched, clinging on to you in shock as you turned the lights on.

"Who are you, boy? I remember nominating Yuma, but not you," the man asked, poking at him with a cane.

"Midoriya Izuku!" He responded stiffly.

"You called All Might asking for him," you reminded as you buzzed around the house, setting things straight.

"Oh yes! I remember, you're that useless Toshinori boy!" He exclaimed, irking Midoriya further.

"Yes that's the one," you nodded with a smirk, only to be glared at by Midoriya. "Anyways, I gotta learn how to control the seal."

"Yuma, you have many skills," Gran Torino shot back. "Your dragons will learn them."

Your eyes widened in sudden realisation as you looked down once more at your wrists. The dragon was the previous user who'd stayed to protect their family. However, the users before you were your twin brothers.

"See?" Gran Torino nodded to Midoriya as he changed into his costume. "She gets it, Toshinori, and you have a goal as well, therefore leaving isn't an option."

You tilted your head in curiosity, watching Midoriya's behaviour to Gran Torino. He was annoyed and instantly decided to leave in disappointment. However, Gran Torino stopped him.

"Fine, I'll stay," Midoriya grumbled, ducking a kick aimed to his head.

The greenette nodded over to you as a sign to step in should something happen, and you nodded in response though you trusted the old man.

"Use One for All and fight me," the veteran hero grinned.

"Torino it was a secret," you scoffed.

"You're Yuma's daughter. If you hadn't figured it out by now I would've sent you to another workplace," Gran Torino smirked before whizzing about using his jet quirk.

Midoriya, who had previously only heard about his immense speed, stood in shock as he could only stare, hoping for an opening.

Gran Torino, naturally, didn't allow for such and repeatedly kicked the greenette no matter how often he got into a battle stance. The mock battle ended once he'd kicked Midoriya hard enough for the boy to fall over, declaring the hero as the winner.

"Your biggest problem," you began, helping him up.

'Is that you think One for All is special,' Yuma laughed as she helped Toshinori stand up.

"Sure, it was given to you by someone you admire," you shrugged.

'But it's just another quirk,' Yuma lectured, long black hair falling into her face after sparring with the hero herself.

"To someone who was previously quirkless," Midoriya coughed out.

'It's our entire world,' Toshinori choked, wiping off the sweat.

"Quirks aren't everything, but your fighting skill when you have one is," you explained, though the greenette was still confused. "I can fight Gran Torino quirkless, but I'll be slowed, so the quirk isn't the most important part it's how I use it. If I use it most effectively, I won't be the only person to benefit."

"Precisely," the old man nodded. "Yuma, capture me in less than a minute."

You nodded, standing in the centre where Midoriya previously stood, the only change on you being the fact that you'd removed your blazer and tie.

"Y/N-Sama, aren't you going to change?" Midoriya asked.

"I'm only capturing him, we don't need heat proofing for that," you shrugged, nodding over to Gran Torino.

If Midoriya wasn't stunned by his speed the first time already, he certainly was now. The veteran hero was moving nearly three times faster, aiming kicks at you which you dodged.

To him, it looked as if you were aimlessly walking, praying to not get kicked, but to you and Gran Torino it was dodging each other's attacks.

Though suddenly, you unleashed an attack Midoriya hadn't seen before. Much like how Sero used his tape, you were quick to shoot out a rope to capture him and drag him down. However, the veteran hero attempted to dodge it, something you were prepared for and you unleashed a net, effectively catching him.

"With 5 seconds to spare," you smirked, releasing him before stopping the clock.

"And all with your eyes closed," Gran Torino observed, much to your surprise. "Were you trying to find them?"

"I need to enter the sub-space and I did," you shrugged. "A certain L/N Hajime introduced himself to me."

Gran Torino nodded, approving your approach so far.

"Stay in the zone as long as possible and make sure this idiot doesn't do anything Yuma," he instructed. "I need to eat."

'Don't worry sir I'll take care of this menace!' Yuma laughed, only to earn a punch from her friend.

You rubbed your shoulder slightly in the gentle punch Midoriya had given you upon your words, though you turned to smirk at him, mischief evident in your usually stone cold eyes.

'He'll warm up to you soon, Toshinori.'

Two updates? Am I ok? No. I'm procrastinating and stress writing. Check out my other books besties!!

QOTD: thoughts on the new style I tried?

Idk flipping between the past and the present just fit because of the parallels, we'll definitely get more of that as more obvious foreshadowing

Have a great day/night!