55 - The Sound of Laughter

The days flew by quicker than ever, most of them spent on call with Bakugo. On your last day of confinement, however, you received a personal visit from none other than the principal.

"Sir?" You asked, getting off your bed. "I'll call you back Katsuki-kun, I have a visitor."

"Y/N, a dorm system will be implemented," Nezu began, picking up the phone. "The facility has already been built with security systems for your's and Bakugo's doors, and you can move in on Friday."

"So I get to live with my friends," you mumbled. "What if they get put into danger because of me being there?"

You grew sick to the stomach remembering what had happened over the three days in which you were with the League. They weren't supposed to make you remember. Remember every detail of your time in America.

You were supposed to be happy.

"I can't stay with them, they'll only get into more trouble," you explained. "Especially Midoriya-San, he's reckless. He would jump into fire for a pigeon, I don't want him involved in more of this especially because of how intertwined Toshinori's family is with mine."

"Y/N, I understand. But this is an order," Nezu sighed. "I want to keep a better eye on you, to make sure no one takes you away from me again, and I've installed extra protection to make sure no one can enter even if they tried. Please come back to us, the faculty will take care of matters, your class will have your back."

"Sir, don't you think I've relied on my class too much?" You smiled sadly.

'I won't rely on others Toshi! You're off to America, Enji might go big with his agency, I can't sit here hoping you guys will be by my side,' a girl glared.

She was eighteen and just about to graduate from U.A High along with her two best friends and boyfriend.

'Yuma-' a rather tall man stammered, pulling her back.

'What, Rin?' She glared.

'We're here to stay by your side,' Rin sighed, holding her shoulders. 'No one's leaving.'

"The hero course is meant to rely on each other, especially in the first year," Nezu sighed. "You've been through a lot Y/N, it's only natural to not trust others. But your path will never be one that you will travel alone."

'No,' your mother whimpered, crying late at night.

She'd laid you to sleep long back, knowing you wouldn't wake up with ease. L/N Yuma was a young woman who had just suffered the loss of her husband.

That night already, she was expected to give speeches to the public, assuring them that she'd track the villain down. She was a hero with no room to grieve.

She was a person left behind with a broken promise.

'Rin you promised you'd be by my side,' she whispered, curling up. 'You know I'm only reckless on my own...'

She felt as if she were back in high school, clinging onto anyone who promised to stay, only to realise that they were just as flawed as she was and would leave her all alone.

Alone.

You would never be alone.

You had all your classmates and a foster family who cared for you, a family who wouldn't leave you.

You weren't like your mother.

"Fine," you nodded, a small smile sneaking its way onto your lips. "I'm coming."

Nezu grinned widely, watching you gather all your luggage, lending a hand where you needed it. Before you knew it, you were out of the huge underground base and being driven to U.A High, where all your classmates were gathered.

That's when you saw a blonde you hadn't spoken to in a while, happy and healthy as he laughed with everyone else, all trace of conflict and fatigue having left his eyes.

"I'll get the luggage Miss," the chauffeur nodded, allowing you to get out and greet your friends.

"Surprise!" You laughed, tackling Kaminari from behind.

"Apathy-chan!" Kaminari grinned, gently wrapping his arms around you as soon as you got off.

"Y/N, premarital-" Iida began.

"Yes how sinful of me, I should not have looked Kaminari in the eyes before marriage. Oh woe be of me, I'm going to hell!" You monologued in monotone, making your best friend flush in embarrassment.

"Dude you should've told me the two of you were fucking," Jirou smirked, nudging you in the ribs.

"We aren't, my standards aren't that low," you grinned, not noticing the brief expression of hurt that flickered on Kaminari's face.

"If you say so," she shrugged, dragging her luggage along.

"Not so fast," a familiar voice interrupted sternly.

Aizawa was quick to make his way onto the scene, the expression he wore darker and more grim than the great depression itself.

"All of you disobeyed direct orders," he snarled. "Rescuing Bakugo and Y/N was a mission left to the heroes. The five of you that did it could have easily gotten hurt or held for ransom as well. And no one tried to stop you? You're all at fault here, except the two who were unconscious and the other two who were absent. I expected better. You get another chance to earn my trust back. Don't mess up."

With that, he returned inside, leaving the group rather glum.

"Dunce Face," Bakugo grumbled, dragging him off to behind a bush.

After what seemed like a lot of punching and screaming, Bakugo came out unharmed, with a fully electrocuted Kaminari behind him.

"Yay-mode!" Jirou laughed uncontrollably, wheezing at the sight of her best friend jumping about, rambling in gibberish.

"Kirishima-kun," you called, to which the redhead looked over in surprise.

You shoved a wad of cash into his arms, denying his protests.

"You bought a shit ton of money to save us, I owe you," you explained. "Thanks a lot."

"Heiress! We agreed that I'd give him the money first!" Bakugo yelled.

"Get over it Katsuki-kun!" You groaned, watching as he handed the money to his friend, grumbling the entire time.

"You guys didn't have to," Kirishima mumbled.

"I hate having debt," Bakugo scoffed.

"And I have dishonest money. I want to get rid of it," you shrugged.

"Thanks, it means a lot to me," Kirishima smiled.

Because in the end, that was a hero's job. To make sure the civilians were safe and happy enough to smile.

To allow for more years of laughter.

A/N: camp arc is officially over!! Yk what that means? Angst. Relationships to be ruined. More content warnings.

QOTD: thoughts on the development of Kaminari and Y/N's relationship so far?

Have a great day/night!