37 - The Aftermath of the Hero Killer Stain

— Part 2: Begin! —

"Stain could've killed us if he wanted to," you mumbled, the mood in the room more somber than you'd expected it to be.

"Thank you for improving the mood," Todoroki scoffed, shooting a glare at you. "We really needed it."

"Shut up halfie," you retorted. "He let us live, he clearly saw Midoriya-San as worthy and didn't seem to have anything against Shoto."

"I see, so this is your logic," Tenya muttered. "Your bravery helped a lot in the end."

"Your bravery in question was still illegal," a voice scolded from the door.

The four of you turned to see none other than the dog faced police officer, Chief Tsuragamae, winged by Gran Torino and Manual. You all instantly got up to pay your respects, though the officer signalled you to remain seated.

"L/N-Sama, I'm glad you're present in this room right now, though I believe you were staying one room down?" The chief asked, to which you nodded.

"My room's the one next to this one, I just came in as soon as our procedures were done," you explained, fidgeting with your hands out of anxiety.

Todoroki was quick to place his right hand on your hands, sending you a questioning glance as if asking if you were alright. You nodded briefly, though he still kept his hand on yours to calm you.

"The hero killer Stain was unconscious due to severe injuries, and is still alive and being treated," Tsuragamae informed you. "As I am sure you know, the police force is sceptical about employing those with quirks, for they could be weaponized."

"And so the heroes came in, powers ready, as they fought villains and saved civilians," you quoted, the story being one your mother had told you many times.

"Precisely, as young heroes in training even you could hurt others without supervision," the officer continued. "Therefore, this would be considered breaking the law. Your guardians will receive the suitable punishment for this, unless you are willing to withdraw from the hero course."

"If we had done nothing, Iida-kun and Native would've died. Did you really expect us as hero students to do nothing but sit idly and obey the law?" Todoroki asked, prepared to punch the officer, though you pulled him back down onto the bed.

"I've got a lawyer," you began. "If we win the case, they're off the hook. If we lose, I'll withdraw."

"Are you serious?" Todoroki glared.

"I got admitted into Shiketsu with recommendation, I'll apply once more and join midterm," you shrugged. "But they shouldn't be in trouble for something that was common sense and saved at least a handful in the process."

"That won't be necessary," the officer nodded. "You did a good deed and after discussion you're off the hook due to the little amount of witnesses. However, this is a warning, because next time you'll be apprehended without question."

"You could've said that part first," Todoroki mumbled, causing you to lightly squeeze his shoulder in warning.

"The four of you have a promising future awaiting you," chief Tsuragamae bowed. "Thank you for keeping the peace."

With that, him and the heroes who'd come to see you left.

"Is Iida Tenya free now?" A nurse asked, popping her head in. "Here's your clipboard with the results, please, take your time looking through them, I will be back in the evening if you need an explanation."

"How bad is it Tenya?" You asked as his brows furrowed.

"My left hand suffered nerve damage and will need surgery if I want to bring it back to its original state," he sighed. "I'll keep it as it is, a reminder so I don't repeat this mistake."

"We'll strive to become better heroes, together!" Midoriya reassured him before turning to you. "And this time I'll keep my promise to you."

"Thank you," you smiled softly, glad that the greenette had his friend's back.

"I'm sorry," Todoroki apologised from next to you, much to your confusion.

"If we slowly back away-" you began, only to be cut off by a slap to the back of your head. "Right when I got a head wound as well, Tenya! Tensei will be hearing about this!"

"You can joke?" Midoriya asked incredulously.

"That's not the point here," you scoffed. "Shoto what's wrong?"

"It's just that whenever I'm involved people's hands get badly messed up," he dead panned, causing you to choke on your spit.

Your wounds were probably by far the smallest. A minor head wound, a cut in your left biceps, and small scratches all across your palms. Compared to Iida and Midoriya, that was nothing.

"Todoroki-kun, I didn't know you could joke either!" Midoriya laughed.

"This isn't a laughing matter, it's like I'm the Hand Crusher," the boy stated.

"Shigaraki would be terrified of you!" You snickered, to which the four of you only laughed harder. "It's nice seeing a genuine smile on Tenya for once."

"What do you mean, I smile plenty!" The boy defended. "You're the monotone one here."

"Yet even I can crack a joke," you grinned.

"Doesn't matter, how did you control your mother's quirk last night anyways?" Iida asked you, causing you to freeze.

"I had to read the scrolls over and over again, apparently Nezu wasn't the only one trusted with them," you sighed, bringing your right palm out.

Upon it danced a small dragon, swirling inbetween your fingers as it mimicked the patterns you had trained it to do.

"There were three trusted with the scrolls," you continued. "One was Nezu, the second was Gran Torino, and the third is someone I need to find soon. Each of the Trusted has a different topic covered in the scrolls."

You diffused the dragon, leaning back onto Todoroki's bed.

"Nezu received the scrolls on the physics behind the quirk, the last scroll explaining how to make my holograms hot as well. Gran Torino received the scrolls on internal connection, in which I link my own talents to my quirk," you explained. "Reading and understanding them is what brought me forward, so I'll track down the last set of scrolls as well, no matter what."

"And we'll be there to help you if you need it," Iida offered, much to your satisfaction. Though you declined his offer.

After all, you'd be writing one yourself soon.

A/N: filler chapter, yes the scrolls will be important again

QOTD: who do you think has the last set?

Have a great day/night!