73 - her dearest number one

You were glad that the next day was Saturday, as you'd spent nearly the entire night watching the series with Kaminari. Though, that didn't prevent the two of you from waking up early.

Or rather, you woke up first, the late summer sun shining down on Kaminari casting an ethereal glow on his skin. The two of you had somehow gotten even closer as the night progressed, not that you were complaining, he was extremely comforting.

You absentmindedly traced your fingers down his abs, nestling back into his arms to get some more sleep.

"Yer up early," Kaminari mumbled, voice raspy.

"You aren't from Tokyo?" You asked, noticing his dialect.

"Sure I live here, but I grew up in the west fer a bit," he yawned. "Why?"

"Your dialect's cute," you blurted, hoping he would leave you be. "Also I thought everyone from class grew up around Musutafu."

"Where did you grow up?" Kaminari asked, before realising what you'd said.

That was all it took for him to cover up his face and blush, as he avoided eye contact with you. But in that process, he ended up moving away slightly.

"Sendai," you mumbled, pulling him close again. "I feel like getting a coffee."

"It's five AM," Kaminari commented. "We slept for two hours."

"Less than," you shrugged, getting up. "You hate coffee, right. How do you take your tea? Breakfast sounds good."

And that was exactly what your class found less than an hour later. The two of you cooking together, laughing as you messed around, the caffeinated drinks having done wonders to both of you.

"Y/N?" Todoroki asked, confused.

"I'm making these things called pancakes, want some?" You grinned. "Denki taught me how to make them, they're delicious!"

"Sure," he shrugged, setting the table.

You were so immersed in making the fluffy delights, with Kaminari by your side, smiling more than you ever had in your entire life that you completely missed the glances Kaminari sent you. They were short, and he caught himself every single time. But they were still extremely lovesick, which annoyed him beyond imagination, as he still thought that you liked Bakugo.

"Kats'ki, I added less sweet to yours," you beamed, handing him his plate.

"Not bad, Heiress," Bakugo mumbled once he'd taken a bite, making you glow with pride.

Because in the end, even if Kaminari was there for you the entire time, he tended to be your second choice. He knew you did it subconsciously, but it made you happy, and he didn't want to be the one to rob you of the tiniest trace of childhood you had.

"How do you like your pancakes, Denki?" You asked, ready to make him a portion as well.

"Extra fluffy, and slightly sweeter," he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck, watching as you made his pancakes as intricately as possible.

You didn't let it show, but you put in more effort in his. Partially because you wanted to thank him for last night and for introducing you to this sweet delight, but also because a tiny voice in your mind insisted that you do so.

"Got anything you wanna do today?" Kaminari asked as you made his portion. "If not we can continue Criminal Minds."

"Oh yeah, I want to talk to Hado-Senpai and Amajiki-Senpai about their work experience places, see if that interests me," you shrugged, handing him his plate and turning the stove off. "Togata-Senpai has more of an offensive quirk, and focused on quirk improvement. That wouldn't be something up my ally."

"Yeah that's true, you've already improved your quirk a lot," Kaminari mused. "What about rescue?"

"That's where I want to improve, particularly how to use my quirk to get people out," you explained. "Dragons don't always work, something I got points off for in the licensing exam."

"But what about Togata-Senpai's workplace, that could help you as well when it comes to this," Kaminari suggested, to which you looked at him in confusion. "He can't breathe or see when he uses his quirk remember, so it requires a lot of predictions and instinct. Your quirk, such as the unrefined heat part, is the same. You found a way to contain it, but what if you actually used it?"

"..... did you just think?" You asked.

"I did, it was very exhausting," Kaminari groaned, dramatically fainting.

By now he'd already finished his food, so he decided to lay comfortably in your lap instead, the two of you talking while you continued reading and he fidgeted.

"I guess you're right," you mumbled, momentarily setting the book down. "It's not just that, I need to be able to use the subspace more effectively too."

"The subspace?" Kaminari parroted.

"My second quirk is one that's passed down from generation to generation, meaning that the previous user is stored in the quirk's memory," you explained. "I want to be able to go into that zone in my mind, while fighting. Because usually, subspace means I'm vulnerable. It's useless in a real situation, but it has so much potential."

"So you'd be stuck in your own mind and would probably be killed by a villain," Kaminari mumbled. "Togata-Senpai? Or do you still want to think about Hado-Senpai and Amajiki-Senpai?"

"I'll go ask Togata-Senpai, he's in 3-B," you sighed. "You coming along? You might get a work experience yourself."

"No way, I'd rather take it slow," Kaminari laughed. "And I'm not too into rescue work or quirk enhancement."

"If you say so," you shrugged. "I'm going to ask him now, see if he can introduce me. I'll be back soon, tell you what he said?"

"You better," Kaminari grinned, getting up.

You headed out instantly, navigating your way through the rows of buildings of Heights Alliance, until you finally stumbled upon the 3-B dorms.

"Eh? Who are you?" A guy asked.

"Y/N, I'm here for Togata-Senpai," you requested, determination lacing your voice.

The guy nodded and turned around, yelling for the blonde.

"Who's the kid?" A voice asked, popping down from the ceiling.

"That would be me," you sighed. "It's about internships, would you be able to introduce me to the hero you're working with?"

"Sir Nighteye?" He asked. "Sure, you could learn lots from him, I'll take you next Saturday!"

"Do I need to do anything?" You checked.

"Just don't anger him, he'll only test you and that'll be it," Togata nodded, before slipping back up.

"Strange fellow he is, no one knows how he can only solidify one part like he did now, considering he near failed first year," the guy sighed. "If you can be as powerful as he is, that itself is an achievement."

Your eyes widened as you saw how highly his classmates spoke about Togata, despite being slightly jealous. They all understood that he had worked harder than any of them. They all realised that he deserved it.

"Hard work brings good things," you mumbled, to which the guy nodded as you left that dorm, returning to your own.

"What'd he say?" Kaminari asked, instantly tackling you.

But keeping good things requires more effort, effort you had to put in to survive.

"He'll introduce me," you laughed, getting up.

Were you willing to put that effort in?

A/N: last fluff chapter for this arc my loves

QOTD: we'll be making a second book for post s4, so title ideas?

Have a great day/night!!