79 - An Unpleasant Talk

'I give it six years,' an unknown voice spoke grimly. 'He won't make a comeback.'

'I can't heal him any further either,' Recovery Girl informed. 'Nezu, perhaps it's time to let go.'

Your guardian looked over at you, who had insisted on coming along as soon as you heard that your godfather was injured. Naturally, you knew about his quirk and the situation around it.

'Mom would've told you to stop relying on yourself,' you choked out, unable to meet All Might in the eyes. 'Why did you never listen?'

'Y/N,' Nezu interjected, before Toshinori could respond. 'Let's go home. You've been in the hospital for too long, you've got school tomorrow.'

'Nezu-San I'm fine, I want to know what this means for All Might and Sir Nighteye as well,' you glared. 'Please? He's family...'

Six years would end this year. Midoriya would lose his mentor, and you would lose your last family member.

"I got the case files you asked for sir," you sighed, entering the conference room of the agency.

It had been a week since you were benched, though you received a call this morning to return to the agency. In the conference room sat Red Riot, Uravity, Froppy, Deku and Eraserhead. Of course, heroes like Ryukyu, Rock Lock, Gran Torino and Fat Gum were there as well, along with their interns Nejire-chan, Suneater and Lemillion.

"Thank you, Firefly," he nodded, beckoning you to take a seat next to Deku.

"Thank you for coming to this meeting, everyone," Bubble Girl began, pulling out her phone. "I invited you all over HN due to the case we have on our hands."

"HN?" Deku asked.

"The hero network, it's used for them to communicate and request for assistance with cases," Lemillion answered.

"The investigation began recently when the villain group, the Shie Hassaikai, showed itself. Police forces disregarded it, calling the encounter with the League of Villains and their allies an accident," Centipeder continued. "But intern Lady Firefly and I have more evidence and reason to believe that they're Yakuza."

Centipeder nodded at you, encouraging you to explain your findings.

"The Shie Hassaikai has made contact with many villain groups, something which Bubble Girl and Sir Nighteye found on their stakeouts," you explained, flipping through the case file. "The shocking information we found, however, was that they're distributing drugs to black markets all over Japan. They've recently made contact again with the League, and although we weren't able to track them down, Police Forces have confirmed that a dispute broke out between the two. Any questions so far?"

"I'm assuming Tsukauchi and I were called in because of the involvement of the League?" Gran Torino asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Where is the detective anyway?" Rock Lock questioned.

"Investigating," shrugged the veteran hero. "Firefly, Deku. Both of you have become involved in an extremely troublesome case."

"This isn't trouble at all sir!" Deku stammered nervously.

"How do you two know Gran Torino?" Lemillion asked.

"He was our mentor for the Field Training," Midoriya responded.

"Ah he was there at Kamino, right?" Red Riot grinned, for which both of you nodded.

"Alright, you U.A students need to can it," Rock Lock glared. "I don't see the point of your presence, you will only hold us back when the discussion gets dark."