86 - Unforeseen Hope

The situation was grim. Blacker than the oil used to fuel aeroplanes. Eraserhead wasn't present, Deku and you were both injured and trying to keep up, Lemillion had multiple injuries and had lost his quirk, and Nighteye couldn't fight without getting too close to Chisaki. To make matters worse, Chisaki had fused with Chronostasis to create a demon of some kind.

"You know, Lemillion, you could have avoided all this. But now your efforts are in vain and you've lost your quirk," Chisaki monologued.

"The bullet," Deku whispered, to which you nodded.

"Came in just as he got shot," you choked out.

"Not only that, your dragging on of this battle dragged your comrades into this mess as well!" Chisaki laughed. "If they die, if they get hurt, it'll be all your fault. Lemillion, the hero who couldn't save a million but the hero who let a million die."

You turned to look at Lemillion who could only look up with the most shattered look in his beautiful blue eyes. Eyes that were always happy and laughing, only to turn dark and grey like storm clouds approaching.

"I'm sorry," you mouthed, picking up a pebble from beside you.

You threw it into his eye, briefly distracting him, which was enough for Deku to make a move. He grabbed a pillar and threw it at Chisaki, only for it to get shattered. However, he was quick to counteract with another large pillar.

This time, Chisaki reconstructed the pillar to become sharp, though Deku easily avoided harm thanks to his iron soles. He shattered the pillars then, kicking them to cause a distraction for Chisaki.

Though in that time, both you and Sir Nighteye were given an opportunity to attack. Sir Nighteye threw a high-density seal while you created a set of throwing knives, each one which you could maneuver with your fingers and threw them at him.

"Deku take care of them!" You ordered as soon as you jumped into action, dodging spike after spike.

While Chisaki dodged Nighteye's seal, he ended up diving straight into your knife, which was hidden behind a rock for a split second.

"Where's Eraserhead," Nighteye demanded, holding another seal out.

"Ah he had quite the interesting quirk," Chisaki mused. "He's being escorted away by my subs, currently."

"You're scared of having your quirk destroyed," you laughed. "Isn't that ironic."

"You're scared of the power of a child as well, eventhough you, as a villain have everything you could possibly need here," Nighteye added.

Naturally, the fight didn't go well. Both you and Nighteye were split up almost instantly, with Chisaki's focus being on Nighteye. He kept you busy with some random spikes, to which you could only shield yourself from, trying to prevent you from getting to the wall which separated the two of you.

Though, you didn't let that stop you.

You smashed through the wall only to meet eyes with a horrendous sight. Sit Nighteye, with multiple spikes through his torso, stuck onto them, glasses shattered and clothes halfway torn.

'Now, miss L/N,' your middle school teacher grinned. 'I've got full faith in you but it's still a formality. Why would you like to be a hero?'

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Answer, don't reveal too much.

Nezu wouldn't be happy if you did, he wouldn't be pleased to find out that you told your teacher that you had been trained since you were rescued.