53 - Reach Out

Heroes burst into the room, Gran Torino, Edgeshot, Kamui Woods and of course, All Might.

"You sold us out!" Dabi yelled, lighting fire to any hero in his range.

"I didn't," you glared behind the flames, watching Gran Torino extinguish all of them. "We were just worth more than your sorry asses."

"Y/N! Young Bakugo!" All Might grinned, wrapping both of you in a tight hug. "You are both strong for withstanding the situation with patience."

"Please, I had it," Bakugo scoffed, though there wasn't the usual edge to his voice.

"You villains are pathetic for not calculating in us as factors, along with the determination of our students," All Might laughed. "It's game over, League of Villains."

"This is just the beginning!" Shigaraki taunted. "I truly loathe you All Might!"

Suddenly, you collapsed to your knees, white hot pain blazing through every joint in your body. You lost sight of your surroundings, couldn't place what happened as the taste of bile creeped up your throat multiple times.

"You talk so strong only to be defeated in the most pathetic way possible," you heard someone taunt.

You attempted to look up to meet their eyes, though you were completely blinded due to the pain.

Suddenly, you were weightless.

"Heiress," Bakugo choked, looking over at you.

Both of you were in black space, a void with no escape.

"Blasty," you smiled softly. "Hope I didn't worry you too much with the faux betrayal."

"They would've let me out of my restraints without your interference, I would've come back for you after fending them off," Bakugo glared.

"I can't let you fight on your own, your recklessness only gets you in bad situations," you sighed. "And I won't play Damsel in Distress."

"We're about to leave the void," Bakugo pointed out, pointing towards a speck of light.

"I can't wait to see him," you sighed.

"Glasses probably misses you too, if it's one sided that's just sad," Bakugo scoffed, preparing an explosion. "Get ready to bust your ass outta here."

"You got it," you nodded, your dragon appearing at your legs.

As the speck of light grew wider, you reeled back your fist for a punch, Bakugo forming an explosion. The two of you then broke out of the liquid, landing next to the boss, surrounded by the Vanguard Action Squad.

"We're screwed," you mumbled.

"Just watch my back," Bakugo demanded. "And I'll watch yours."

"Alright then, Blasty," you grinned, forming two swords. "Let's show them what we're capable of."

Bakugo released his most powerful explosion as soon as the villains lunged at the two of you, fuelling you with more power through your heat absorption. You constantly held a shield up, stabbing at villains with your swords while Bakugo attacked openly.

"Don't hold back," he ordered, backing up to you once more.

"Blasty, let's switch," you whispered.

The two of you swapped positions with ease, so that you were now facing the wall and fighting Spinner, while Bakugo was in the open fighting more villains. While it was unfair, numbers wise, both of you were in your strongest zone.

"You really thought you could try and escape?" Spinner spat. "Why Stain would even think about sparing you is beyond me."

"He had his reasons," you snarled, pushing him back with your sword. "And we'll make it out, no matter how hard you try to cage us."

You commanded your dragon to your side, though instead of the blue figure, an orange one appeared instead.

Gasping, your focus faltered briefly as you looked over to see Yaoyorozu and Todoroki waving at you, pointing up. Though in the few seconds that you used glancing over at them, you nearly ended up dying.

"Watch out!" Bakugo yelled, pulling you back and launching an explosion at Spinner. "Don't fucking die on me now!"

"Shut up, they're here somewhere," you whispered. "We just need to be careful to make sure they don't get hurt."

The two of you continued your battle, hoping for some signal that would appear, other than Todoroki's revelation to expect an aerial rescue. Then suddenly, you heard Kirishima yell out to the two of you.

For a brief moment, you heard Bakugo's breathing hitch, as he looked up at his best friend.

In that millisecond in which the long range fighter was distracted, the Vanguard Action Squad lunged in, attacking from all sides.

"Let's go!" You yelled, pulling him up, using your dragon to keep both of you afloat long enough.

"Let go, I can take it from here," Bakugo grumbled.

"You better, I'm nearing overuse," you scoffed, shoving him off, allowing him enough space to launch an explosion and latch on to Kirishima.

You followed the group, landing in a small corner before rushing over to town square with them.

"What district are we in? I might have political influence to help get more heroes on the case," you hissed, though Todoroki shook his head.

"Camino, and don't use your influence here, it'll only draw attention to us," he advised, pointing up at a screen.

The huge screen in town square flickered indecisively between two major events: the press conference your teachers were attending, and the battle against All for One.

It inevitably chose the battle, All Might standing tall as he both delivered and received punch after punch from his opponent, the talking between the two barely audible as it was overpowered by the news reporters.

"Oh my God," you gasped, holding your hands to your mouth, hoping that he'd survive.

Praying that he wouldn't repeat his mistake from five years ago.

"Win," Bakugo demanded from next to you. "All Might, we're all watching! So fucking win!"

The crowd chorused in agreement, chanting prayers to the hero, hoping he'd rise victorious once more. And as if by magic, he delivered one last punch. One that was strong enough to knock All for One unconscious, leaving him victorious.

Though, instead of the buff man that everyone expected, a frail sack of bones stood sadly, pointing at the screen. For the first time, it wasn't All Might who'd won, it was Toshinori.

"You're next," he rasped out before revealing his hero form one last time.

The reign of One for All was over.

Part 3: End —

A/N: we're soon moving into dorms!!

QOTD: thoughts on the Camino Arc?

Have a great day/night!