24 - Battle on, Iida!

Laughter rang through the halls of U.A high, a certain group of four students just as close as they'd always been.

They were held up on a pedestal by most of the school, simply because of the status the young girl in the group held.

Of course, they were powerful, though the side others saw most was their calm and relaxed personality as the third years enjoyed their last few months together before they would have to split up.

None of them knew that they wouldn't be together much longer.

You stood up as Mic's voice rang through the PA, signalling that Cementoss had finished fixing the stadium.

'Introducing, the two competitors with the highest stakes! Dragon Heiress L/N Y/N vs. The next heir to the Ingenium hero name: Iida Tenya!' He commented as the two of you walked out onto the stage, flames glowing around you as if you were a circus act.

"No hard feelings?" He asked, as the two of you met in the middle for a handshake, something none of the other competitors had done until now.

"Of course not," you nodded, smiling softly at him as you gripped his hand. "A win is a win. May the better hero succeed."

'You're a sore loser, I told you, a win is a win!' Your younger self laughed as you saw your best friend slouching. Though Tenya had never been one to give up or go back on his word, and bought you your favourite ice cream as per your bet.

'I'll make sure to win next time,' he grinned, one that others rarely saw.

You were both 14 at the time, recently having finished finals before your high school entrance exams.

Now, you were both 15, and Tenya still hadn't changed. He was a man who wouldn't go back on his word, no matter what.

The match was quick to start with Midnight cracking her whip, and unsurprisingly, Tenya attempted to push you out of bounds by speeding at you with Recipro Burst.

You focused your eyes on a specific exhaust pipe in his calf, one that you knew would always heat up from the amount of burns you'd both accidentally given and gotten.

Flexing your fingers, you watched as the red hot pipe suddenly lost all colour, and with it the heat.

Tenya looked over at you in pure shock as he'd realised what happened, though was quick to run over to you and aim a kick for your head, one which you deflected by grabbing his ankle and pushing him away.

He landed on his back, the aftershock sinking in before he could stand up. The frame of his glasses were already bending, however Tenya refused to yield.

"Tenya give up, and I'll go easy on you," you bargained, hoping he'd comply for his own safety.

Last time you felt threatened, you managed to bring out an entire dragon. If he were to get the Dragon's Bite, you would never be able to forgive yourself.

"I want a fair match," he spat out, rushing at you once more, glare etched onto his face.

You sighed, giving in to his demands as you created a hologram under your feet to quickly spring off of, launching yourself in his direction before contorting yourself and sending a kick to the back of his head.

It wasn't strong enough to knock him out, though it shocked him long enough for you to land safely and charge once more.

'Woah folks, no matter how much sportsmanship these two displayed before the match, they are willing to do anything to get that first place!' Mic awed, continuing his commentary as you sent yet another punch in Tenya's direction.

"Please, I know your moves, we've trained together," he scoffed, watching you circle him, preparing to attack once more.

"Oh yeah? I'm sure you'll be real familiar with this one then," you smirked, feigning a punch, only to pull back as a hologram appeared instead.

A rope made out of the semi solid material all your holograms were constructed from, was tied down Tenya's figure from head to toe, effortlessly restricting his movements.

"You should know that I never miss a mark," you smirked as you pulled the rope, forcing him to look at you. "And now, you lose."

His eyes widened as they quivered in surprise, never having expected you to go to such lengths for a win.

You quickly spun the two of you around, so that he was at the edge instead of you.

The two of you had both been so close to the edge of the boundary, with Tenya's restriction only teetering you further. However, you were quick to let him go, standing victorious as he crumpled on the other side of the boundary.

"Iida Tenya is out of bounds. L/N Y/N is the winner of this match!" Midnight concluded as you and Tenya walked out on opposite ends of the stadium without even bothering to spare each other a glance.

"Apathy-chan, nice one!" Kaminari grinned as you walked into the aisles that led to the waiting rooms. "It was cool watching you without actually getting thrashed. Man I feel bad for Iida though."

"He'll be fine," you shrugged, knowing Tenya well enough to know that he'd bounce back with ease. "Which match is next?"

"Kirishima and Bakugo, it's going to be so intense!" He rambled excitedly, draping an arm over your shoulder.

"You think?" You asked, smiling softly at the blonde's excitement, to which he nodded eagerly. "C'mon lightning bug, let's watch the match."

He smiled, glad that you weren't pushing him away much longer. However, he wasn't aware of the fact that it was out of guilt as you tried to make up for the previous match.

Then again, there wasn't much that could have been done to prepare him for what he had coming his way.

But in the end, a win was a win.

A/N: I'm sick but I wanted to update so here you go, it's a short chapter

QOTD: ideas on how or when the confession should happen?

QOTD pt 2: thoughts behind the Iida-Y/N match?

Have a great day/night!